How do Communications History & Contacts link to email messages? Is this a bug or by design?

How do Communications History & Contacts link to email messages?

Communication History appears to be linked to a Contacts email address and seems to be case sensitive.

I have received emails where, for some unknown reason, the case of senders email address has changed. Now the email address that is stored with the Contact doesn’t match the email address in the message. This results in multiple groups for the same person when grouping by “From” field and items not showing in the Communication History due to the case difference.

Any chance of making this linking feature ignore case so this doesn’t happen?

I’m currently evaluating eM Client as a replacement for MS Outlook at my company and certain it will become our default email package!

Thanks,

John

According to the specification string before “@” is case sensitive.
(but it depends on the specific server)

Thanks for replying!

Regardless of server formats, or where info is stored, couldn’t eM Client be made to ignore case?

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

…these are all the same person/email address however eM Client see’s these as 4 different people (due to case). Only one will link to the Contact.

Any possibility of making eM Client ignore case when linking items, maybe a preferences option? This would be EXTREMELY helpful!

Thanks,

John