How can the data be backed up?

There must be way to back up the programs data, but I haven’t been able to find it. As far as I can tell there is nothing about it in the Help guide.

Copy everything under this folder:
C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)

This would including all e-mail/calendar/contact as well as program settings, filters, etc.

This is not a good solution, especially because you may have placed the database in a different location. There should be something in the Tools menu or a button that will perform these steps to a folder ypou specify.

TNCS: There are an awful lot of files in that folder; surely they don’t all have to copied?!

Rob: I agree - there should be a better solution, but I haven’t been able to find it! If you do, please let me know.

Thanks for the replies.

Bob: yes, just copy the whole folder as instructed above.

Rob: I have put a suggestion already in for a easier export/import eM Client’s own database. But is not as obscure as it seems. There’re much worse solutions such as OE, Live Mail or WLM.

Agreed, however consider the way Thunderbird does this: you specify where you want your email to be stored and Thunderbird not only stores your email in that location but also all the settings. Backup then is a simple matter of copying 1 folder that has everything needed. What makes this especially good is that if you buy a new PC, re-install Windows or something else that causes you to re-install the software, you then only have to tell the software the location and your settings and email are there! This kind of solution gets my vote!