How can I unsubscribe from Exchange folders?

I do not want all of my mail on the Exchange Server to be synced to my computer. It seems EMC is doing just this since hours and I want to stop it. But I cannot find a way of unsubscribing folders. Please help!

Hello Chris,
unfortunately Exchange Web Services protocol does not provide the option to synchronize only part of your mailbox.

Regards,
Olivia

In that case I would want to disable the sync of emails completely (and sync only the contacts). That should be possible, right? But where?

Hello Chris,
unfortunately EWS, unlike other protocols, keeps the mail, calendar and contacts together.
I believe you should be able to choose which folders to synchronize on the server though.

Regards,
Olivia

If by “on the server” you mean on the web-interface, then I can’t find that option there. I don’t have access to the server itself.

Last resort (or perhaps it should have been my first option?) is to set the number of days that should be synced. I know that is possible because I can do that on my phone. So how about EMC, can I set the maximum age of the emails to be synced? If not, I’d like to propose it since EMC would otherwise be useless for me, given the amount of data on my Exchange account…

Regards,
Christoph

I think I’d try to create rules in Outlook to customise the selection of mails available for syncing, e.g. by forwarding to a archive mail account you create as a dumping ground, and deleting so that it then doesn’t get synced…