How can I speed up searching the inbox

I can’t search the inbox to find specific messages. It appears to be processing but it goes on and on. I think it is because all of my mail is in the inbox, literally thousands of messages. In Outlook, my messages were archived on a regular schedule, so the search function happened quickly. I don’t even see an Archive function in eM Client. Please give me some instruction on how I can quickly do a search. Right now, I fire up Mailbird to find what I want, but prefer to use eM Client. Seems stupid to run both side by side.

Hi Wiley, eM client by default only downloads the headers of emails so if you’re searching for the content of the message it might not be able to provide the correct search results.

To speed up the search try to set the search options to go through the message headers only e.g. search for the subject, sender and recipient. The speed search can also vary based on the folder selection, check if you’re using search to search through all folders or current folder or to go through selected folders.

You can select the search options by clicking on the dropdown icon in the search bar.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Is there a way to archive messages to get them out of my Inbox? Even a workaround?

Hi, yes you can use the automatic archiving. Set up the feature in Tools > Settings > Mail > Automatic archiving.

Don’t forget to setup the archivation scope for each of your accounts, save the settings or use the perform archiving button to archive your data.

Hope this helps,
Paul