How can I set general suppression to synch messages in caldav calendar reminders?

I really love eM Client, it’s a simply wonderful application, which fits my needs totally.

I have just one question:
I have a caldav calendar, which is synched with my business calendar (company Exchange Server).

If I have reminders cleared on my company’s computer, eM Client asks me, to overwrite the local item (see attached pics)

This message pops up for each of the 6 reminders:

Is there a possibility to tell eMClient, to overwrite all 6? (or, absolutely luxury: tell eMCLient to not ask, if servers version is only altered due to reminder’s confirmation?)

Thanks in advance
Jimmy

Hello,

Unfortunately your request is not technically possible.

with regards
Jan

Copied.

How can I file a requirement for a thing like that?

Thanks
Jimmy

I am not sure if I have understood you well, you want to request this feature?

regards
Jan

Yep.
I intend to write a requirement, where I would describe my customer story a bit more precise as I did here…

I have my main calendar in Outlook at my employers.
but have the calendar also open on my private box, which I have as BYOD to do my work more efficient :wink:

So I have those Popups for each meeting and / or date I have (and I have a lot).

Would this be a problem?

Regards
Jimmy
P.S: I know, that requirements are subject for a Backlog (if SCRUM like development) and are subject to discuss each Meeting.
(I work development nearby)

Hello,

Can I ask you when you will in your work dismiss reminders and they you want to synchronize it on your own device wait a few seconds to minutes?

There is possibility that server is synchronizing your calendar but it could take a while, after it will be synchronized this error messages should disappear by themselves.

(if nothing will happened then please try to force synchronization by “F5” of “Send & Receive”)

regards
Jan

Sorry for late reply, I had to test a couple of scenarios.
I tested:

• Dismiss the reminder on company’s Outlook box while having eMClient open on my BYOD Box: leads to the mentioned question about overwriting local or server

• Dismiss the reminder on company’s Outllok box while having eMClient close and wait until calendar is synced from company’s Outlook to CalDav and waited to open eMCLient: leads to the mentioned question about overwriting local or server

• Let the emClient untouched for a whole day to see, if reminders are going away by themselves: nothing happened, eMCLient was unreachable until answering the mentioned question for each single reminder

So, as you can see, there is no way to overcome those annoying confirmation messages about overwriting local or remote for each single reminder.

Did I miss something?

Best Regards
Jimmy

Hello,

please contact me on [email protected], send in subjet this topic’s URL please.

Also write me what server do you use and how do you synchronize CalDAV with server from outlook (what do you use to do it, because outlook itself can’t synchronize with CalDAV).

regards
Jan

Hi John / Jan
Thanks for you response.

Mail Sent

regards
Jimmy

Hello,

Thanks I have received your email. For others I will post solution or update on this issues when I will know more.

regards
Jan

I am seeing this exact same problem where backend is OS X Server. CalDAV calendar and task accounts exhibit this intensely annoying behaviour. For sure something is wrong but at the very least an option for eM Client to automatically apply the ‘Overwrite local’ when the modification time on the server is more recent than the local cached copy would be a step forward…

Hello,

this should be resolved/implemented, at least that is what I have heard from developers. I will try to ask more later when we will have less work around 6th version.

with regards
Jan

Hi

I didn’t found any option in the new version (6.0.19861.0) for this.
DId I miss something?

Kind regards
Jimmy

Hello

I have exactly the same issue with an CAlDav account. Whatever the situation I have always “Overwrite Local” panel when dismissing the reminder. This does not happen with Outlook for windows or ICal (mac);

This is something we also see, on a shared calendar (from OS X Server). An option (as ChrisJ posted) to always overwrite local, without user interaction would be great.
It would be fine if this option is buried deep in a settings file, since I guess this isn’t a big/widespread problem…