How can I see the configuration eM is using?

How can I see the configuration eM is using? I wanted POP3 with SSL (port 993) and SMTP with SSL (port 465)? It seems eM is leaving the mails on the post-office because I can see them afterwards on my iPhone (using IMAP) and that is what I wanted to avoid.

Yes, this means your account is setup as IMAP.

If you want to setup your account as POP3, you will need to do it manually. Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and remove the IMAP account that was setup. Then add a new account and choose Mail > Other. After entering your email address you will have a choice of POP3 or IMAP.

After the account is setup, you can check the settings by clicking on the POP3 or SMTP tabs.

For POP3 the port should be 995 not 993 (that is for IMAP), and make sure the security policy is set to Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy).

The SMTP port should be 587 with the security policy set to Force usage of SSL/TLS

Port 465 was actually reassigned and should not be used for SMTP. But if you want to use it, and many providers still recommend using it, make sure the security policy is set to Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)