How can I remove duplicate emails in all folders?

Windows 7 64bit.
When I loaded eM client I selected File-Import-Import from Microsoft Outlook then remembered I had another .psd file saved that had newer data and went through the process of importing this. I thought (dangerous thing for me to do) it would ask if I wanted to import duplicates or would recognise them as such but alas I now have 2 copies of every email in the inbox and all folders for the last 12 months.
I have uninstalled eM client and restarted the computer hoping this would clear all data and settings but when I reinstall eM client everything re-appears like magic, duplicates and all. Is there a way other than manually deleting every single email (not going to happen).

Hello,

please try manual delete eM Client folder in C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\

regards
Jan

Hi Jan,
Thanks for the response, that has sorted it. Great product.
Regards, Dave

Hello,

I am glad that I could help.

regards
Jan

I would advice you to try this tool http://www.duplicateemailremover.net to remove your outlook duplicate items like emails, contacts etc.

thank you for your suggestion, but if user has emails and calendar/contacts synchronized on server it is usually better to delete database and resynchronize than use 3rd party tools.

but again thank you anyway.

with regards
Jan

In 6th version there is native “deduplicator” it helps with duplicated emails, tasks, contacts and events.

so 3rd party or another email clients are no longer necessary to solve this.

with regards
Jan

Hello,

I have same problem, but deleting folder didn’t help for me.

My private mail account have duplicated emails in Smart folders, but in account inbox there are not duplicated.

Deleting one message will delete it’s duplicate too.

I’m very disappointed with this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted app folder, but no success. I think it’s have something with this damn export/import.

Hi, Deduplicator tool deletes both original and duplicated message?

Jan