Hotmail server unavailable error.

Hi, for the last couple weeks I keep getting the following error every 20 minutes or so from emclient for my Hotmail account: "Synchronizing folder [email protected]/My Calendar/’ failed due to the following error: The remote server returned an error: (503)server unavailable.  Is this something I can fix or a bug?

Hello Chris, I’m afraid this can occur when the server can’t process your request on time, that can occur when the server experiences downtime or handles too many requests at a time.

If you’re seeing this too often, can you also please switch to the “Log” tab, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on the forum for more information about the issue? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you.

This, this is version 6.0.22344.  Here is the most recent logs involving hotmail:

6:28:43 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
6:28:44 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Trash/’
6:28:45 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Sent/’
6:28:46 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Drafts/’
6:28:48 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Junk E-mail/’
6:28:49 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
6:28:50 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/My Calendar/’
6:28:53 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/My Calendar/’
6:28:59 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/My Calendar/’
6:29:01 PM   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/My Calendar/’ failed due to the following error: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable. —> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
6:29:01 PM    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
6:29:01 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.Protocol.ActiveSyncCommandRequest.GetResponse(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
6:29:01 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
6:29:01 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass30.<>c__DisplayClass35.b__2c(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
6:29:01 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
6:29:01 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
6:29:01 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
6:29:01 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
6:29:01 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’

And another:

6:53:43 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
6:53:44 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Trash/’
6:53:45 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Sent/’
6:53:47 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Drafts/’
6:53:48 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Junk E-mail/’
6:53:49 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
6:53:51 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/My Calendar/’
6:53:54 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/My Calendar/’
6:53:59 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/My Calendar/’
6:54:01 PM   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/My Calendar/’ failed due to the following error: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable. —> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
6:54:01 PM    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
6:54:01 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.Protocol.ActiveSyncCommandRequest.GetResponse(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
6:54:01 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
6:54:01 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass30.<>c__DisplayClass35.b__2c(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
6:54:01 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
6:54:01 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
6:54:01 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
6:54:01 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
6:54:01 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’

Hello again Chris, unfortunately it seems like your calendar service is unavailable and this seems to be throwing the error to your client, you might be able to setup the hotmail account as IMAP and SMTP service for use with your Mail service, however you would be unable to synchronize your Calendar or Contacts, you can however use the local calendar and contacts folder in case you’d like to get rid of the error or use another calendar/contacts service for use with your email account.

But unfortunately I’m afraid it is not possible to workaround this issue as it is caused by the server or a number of requests that the server is currently handling.

If you’re using any security software on your computer, also please make sure if the software isn’t blocking the application’s connection to the server, in that case, please try to temporarily disable the software to check if the issue persists.

Thanks, the only security software I am using is Windows Defender, but I am using the preview build of Windows 10, build 10061.  What is the best way to change the Hotmail settings to IMAP in emclient?

Hello Chris, you would have to re-setup the account as IMAP, meaning creating a new account in eM Client, to setup the account as IMAP, go to Tools > Accounts > New account , but instead of using the automatic setup, select the Mail tab below and proceed with ‘Other’… Use these server settings to setup the account with eM Client … http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/send-receive-from-app.

Hope this helps.

I’ve been getting the same problem for the last few days, say and night. it is hard to believe that the server had been too busy all that time. If there’s no workaround I will have to dump eM. useless for me

Hi Ari,
have you tried to disable/make exception for eM Client in your security software?

Best regards,
Olivia

Yes tried that but I was return an error note saying that it can’t find intuit website…
When all failed I uninstalled and reinstalled and it’s been working fine since this morning (about 6 hours). Let’s see if this holds. It worked fine the first time for a while and started to give me those annoying messages. I’ll keep all posted.

Ok, worked for a while but started doing the same thing again. I do have disable/make for https://intuit.com.
Should the "require server verification be ticked off or on?
Here is my log:
 8:28:04 PM   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Ari’s calendar/’ failed due to the following error: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable. —> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
8:28:04 PM    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:28:04 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.Protocol.ActiveSyncCommandRequest.GetResponse(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:28:04 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:28:04 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass2e.<>c__DisplayClass33.b__2a(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:28:04 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
8:28:04 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
8:28:04 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
8:28:04 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
8:28:04 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder '[email protected]/Ari’s calendar/'
8:28:12 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder '[email protected]/Ari’s calendar/'

Thank you,
Ari

did this work?