Hotmail help, please

I am having a problem getting eM to run on a new computer. It won’t seem to pull emails from my hotmail account. It somehow grabbed the folder names but won’t get new emails or anything on the server in these other folders. Sometimes I get this error message: [AirSync] An attempt to connect to *****@hotmail.com failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailibility or incorrect settings

Hello,

AirSync is a mail protocol that has been discontinued by Microsoft and thats why you cannot connect to your server using this protocol. All hotmail and outlook.com adresses are being migrated to Exchange protocol.
You will need to remove your account from eM Client and then either set ip up as Exchange or IMAP (if your particular account hasnt been migrated yet).

If you just installed version 7 the Automatic setup should work for you now. If it doesn’t, you will need to setup the account manually.
To set up your account manually go to Tools>Accounts > New Account and instead of Automatic setup choose Mail>Exchange or Mail>Other.

For IMAP settings your incoming server is imap-mail.outlook.com and outgoing is smtp-mail.outlook.com.

Regards,
Olivia