Hi, dark theme on newest release has issues: The letter window has grey borders, on previous 7.1 everything was ok

Hi, dark theme on newest release has issues: The letter window has grey borders, on previous 7.1 everything was ok

I think there was some issue with that Theme in the initial 7.2 release, and it was either fixed or rolled back.

You can check you are using the latest version available at http://www.emclient.com/release-history and see if there is any difference.

Hi,

as you might have seen from my post I have noticed the same issue. I’ve just updated the client to the latest build but it didn’t fix the problem. Also, I can see there has been one update per day on the releases history, how come the client itself doesn’t stay up to date and I have to do it manually? This is annoying. Thanks.

Yes, the in-app notification of updates does not include all release versions. That is by design.

I’ve noticed that, at least in my case, it didn’t even update from 7.1 to 7.2 which sounds like a major release to me. Is the design to put the auto updates behind a paywall? Because if this is the case I’d be concernerd about security for non paying users, honestly. Are you the dev by the way? Cheers.

I am not employed by eM Client, just another user commenting on this user supported forum. I don’t know the specifics of how the update notifications work, but I do know that not all releases are notified.

On 7.2 with a Pro License, I have not been notified of the daily releases available, so in this regard the license versions do not seem to differ.

I have the very latest version from todays release history; (https://www.emclient.com/release-history). The “bug” is still there.
On the other hand, user breznac provided a fix in another thread 
Dark Theme issue in version 7.2,
that works perfectly.

Alright, I’ve never seen so much enthusiasm for a proprietary email client, but ok. Thanks for the informations.

Yes, his solution works. Thanks brezanac.

Sorry to be a spoilsport. It is not quite that perfect. In the agenda sidebar events are in black against a dark grey background. See screenshot.

Hey there. I don’t use Agenda so this one was easy to overlook on my side. However I’ll take another look at it and try to sort this one too.

Ok, so I’ve tried to locate which values affect the color of those event names however it seems like the exporter, which is used for creating custom themes, is either bugged and doesn’t export all the values which can be customized or there is something else that is causing the issue.

I have a feeling that it’s a bug with the exporter since merely exporting the default dark theme and loading it without any modifications causes the text to lose it’s colors without a way to change them through editing the template file.

And since there is absolutely no documentation, at least not any I am aware of, about the templates this is probably going to have to wait for the developers to sort it out.

Sorry.