help

it won’t open up…keeps saying it is checking database but it goes no where from there…

Hi, was the program working before? What was the last action that being done within the e-mail program? How long did you wait for the database check? Because the larger the database, the longer it takes for this process.

Please check your database size at:
C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)

Does it end the check or display some error message (if yes please send us the text or screenshot of it)?

i got it open…but it gobbling up my memory…ram…i would like to go back to the 3.0…is it still available?

Copy of version 3 is available: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v3.0.102…
But the database are not backward compatible once you’ve done an upgrade. So unless you have an old version 3.0 database backed up, you’ll need to start fresh.

that ain’t cool…how do i get to stop gobbling up my ram?

Do you leave eM Client running all the time? That the only time eM Client start to build up more and more RAM usage. If you want to leave eM Client running, make sure it minimized.

Make sure you have the latest version of eM running, or you may also try the beta: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v3.5.124… But, always make a backup of your database before moving to a newer version.

Yes i leave it running all the time…i have dual 24 doublesight screens just for that purpose…to leave it running and maximized…i will try the beta but normally they are more trouble instead of less trouble…but em client did not use to use so much memory…is this just since the 3.5?

Various feedback, they have being report in the forum with same problem since version 3.0. I can only recommend to keep eM minimized. You will still be able to receive new e-mail, and see the new e-mail notification via Windows tray. Keeping eM minimized will keep the RAM usage below 10MB. Alternatively you can minimize and resume periodically like every hour or 2 hour and so. This will allow the cache to be flushed.