Help - problem

em Client has worked great for about 6 months but has just run into problems. I use a hotmail account (just one) and all of a sudden I noticed allmyemails had disappeared and were being reloaded. They reload to about the year 2009, and then it hits a problem, and stops.

My problem is similar to yours but we need to find a solution. Thanks

I am having the same problem, only since microsoft shifted my hotmail to outlook.com, this is going to affect a lot of people. My Plusnet email is ok, it feels like a compatibility issue between outlook,com and emclient

I’m using the free version and have the same problem. Are you using eM Client PRO vs. Free version? I thing only the free version does this!

I am using the free version as well

Yes I’m using the free version too

Try this:
https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/t…
This was caused by Microsoft changes, not emclient. By the way, other than the 2 account limit, there is NO difference between the free and pro version.

Thanks Jay. I was about to buy PRO version cause I really need transfer my emails and folders to another email address.

Do you know any other ways to transfer emails and folders to another email address?

Never really done this before, but emclient does have import capabilities for various types of accounts. Check file/Import. Personally, When I change email accounts, I leave the old emails where they are and only refer to them if needed by accessing the old account

When trying to download emails, many show an email address of " [email protected] " no idea why. Is this a clue to problem?

I think it is the same problem. See the following post:
https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/t…

If your outlook account has been migrated to the new system, you need to set up your account in EM client as an Exchange account. When you set up an Exchange account, EM Client can take quite a few minutes to obtain the server details.

Mine seems to work ok now. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled. My hotmail account was still resident. So I then deleted the account and then re entered it, and after several hours reloading it looks to be ok.

This issue should be resolved in the newest version of eM Client.
It is also recommended to use the Exchange setup for outlook accounts now.

Regards,
Olivia