HELP i broke emclient after succefful install and import of thunrderbird 10gb folders.

seems like great program… I have used thunderbird for like 10 yrs on many machines but lately it has gotten sooooooo slllloooooow it is now useless on a few accounts.

I imported thunderbird and on one computer it is great. I spent a few hours configuring it for my accounts and setting up rules (filters for us thunderbird folks) and so thought on 2nd computer I would just cc over the rules file… BIG MISTAKE…

2nd computer is my MAIN one with email storage that goes back to 2000… gbytes of archive folders by year… so it installs, makes the directories fine, so i search for ‘rules’ file on my appfolder, find what I think it is: main.dat-wal. I delete the old imported filters that no longer work in emclient so it is empty, then close program. I see no file on 2nd machine with this name so cc it over from 1rst machine.

thats it. I am now broke and cannot recover… it keeps trying to ‘fix’ main database file on 2nd machine when it starts, says it does it, then goes on to crash with error: an error has occured int he app that prevents it from continuing. the will termina. i described and sent in but dont know if anyone cares (:

show error now says lots of stuff:

eM Client (4.0.13961.0)
Windows: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1, Framework: 2.0.50727.5420
The following error has occurred:
System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Invalid read type request ‘85’.
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryConverter.ReadTypeInfo(BinaryTypeEnum binaryTypeEnum, __BinaryParser input, Int32& assemId)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryObjectWithMapTyped.Read(__BinaryParser input)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryHeaderEnum binaryHeaderEnum)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at MailClient.Accounts.Db.AccountCollection.DeserializeFromDb(Int32 id, Byte[] data)
at MailClient.Accounts.Db.AccountCollection.Load()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager…ctor()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.Initialize()
at MailClient.Program.Main(String[] args)

eM Client

false

Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
and on and on and on…

any hope for me?

Hello,
I am afraid, that there is nothing you can do to save your data - I am sorry. But you can take a lesson from that.