Having windows 8.1 and get error System.OutOfMemoryExeptipn

eM Client (6.0.21040.0)Windows: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0, Framework: 4.0.30319.34014
The following error has occurred:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Tyypin System.OutOfMemoryException poikkeus.
   kohteessa System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadBytes(Int32 count)
   kohteessa MailClient.Protocols.OfflineAddressBook.OabFolderSynchronizer.ApplyPatch(Stream patchFile, Stream referenceFile, Stream outputFile)
   kohteessa MailClient.Protocols.OfflineAddressBook.OabFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   kohteessa MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__0(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
kohteessa MailClient.Protocols.OfflineAddressBook.OabGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
kohteessa MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
kohteessa MailClient.Commands.SynchronizationQueue.ThreadWorker(Object threadData)
kohteessa System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
kohteessa System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
kohteessa System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
kohteessa System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
kohteessa System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

Hi Kari, when does this error occur, does it occur on application startup or after a certain action done in eM Client, are you able to replicate the issue?
Can you try to install this update and check if the issue persists, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21151/setup.msi ?

Thank you,
Paul.

Don’t help … error comes some seconds after client start. I can use client … haven’t found any other problem than calendar meeting invitations time zone failure … I’m at Helsinki time zone (+2 winter time) even .ics has right time it is marked to calendar 2 hour too late

Seems that problem hapens with win 8.1 and quite big exchange mailbox. If I use only my gmail and live mail no problem. But if I have my exchange maibox as second or thirth box error apears. On win 7 computer there is no problem to use even all 3 boxes together.

Hi again Kari, if you’ve installed the update and the issue persists, can you please navigate to your local folder > App Data > Roaming > eM Client, and delete the *.OAB file(s) located in this folder.
Reopen eM Client and check if the issue reoccurs.

If so, please again send me the application error that occurs.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

2 issues:
1st:
I am trying to use my Exchange EWS account.
It is unnecessarily downloading Global Address List. It is a huge list.
I saw your post on other thread. 
Now my current version is 6.0.21151
Before this version the application used to hang. Now it is properly threaded. It is going on in background (which is still highly unnecessary).

2nd:
I am running 3GB RAM Windows 7 machine, I have tried to increase RAM. But still, even if the application is minimized or I am not doing anything, it throws this error: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): out of memory.
This happens even if I am idle, and not even using any other application. I get this error after around 5 minutes of opening this app.
And because it does not close properly, again it checks database. Again it checks contacts_index.dat. (extremely slow process).

Please note these error, and try to resolve soon.

Thanks

Can you please try to update your eM Client to this release http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21289/setup.msi and run this tool http://www.emclient.com/tools/dbrepairrebuildall.exe and check if the issue persists?

Thank you,
Paul.

installed with the same issue. Ran the repair tool as well. Same memory crash out. Sent items folder has 5K+ items in it.

UPDATE: Had a 77mb file in my sent items that crashed it. Deleted that and seems to be ok now.

I am seeing the IMAP issues other folks are seeing with GMAIL.

Also the latest up date seems to turn screen brightness all the way up in Surface Pro 3

Hi again, glad you were able to resolve the issue, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul

Thanks. Still can’t get GMAIL contacts working nor Jabber IM

and is there a way to keep it from syncing every folder every time? Can you choose folders?

Are you seeing any additional errors regarding these issues?
In case you do, please make a screenshot of the error.

Unfortunately it is not possible to synchronize certain folder only, however on Gmail, you can hide certain IMAP folders from IMAP connections in your account settings.

Thank you,
Paul.

On the gmail side it keeps asking for a password. It is the correct password. On the Jabber side mentions something about expecting a legacy response even though legacy ssl is selected.

Hi again, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on GData logging and XMPP logging for the problematic account(s).

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the issue reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul