Hang em client

I m Using Em Client 6
i have around 70,000(Seventy Thousand )mails in inobx send items and other folder.
its hanging when im search mails,its hanging some time when i m going one folder to onethor folder,its hangs some thime replying or fording.
my pc config is I3 4Gb
what can i do now
pls sugges

Just another eM Client 6 user here.

The Intel i3 dual core processor you have could be part of the problem, as it’s the most basic one Intel sells to the public, but the amount of RAM could hinder your searches more with so many emails.

If you run a 32-bit version of Windows you will not be able to install more RAM beyond the 4 GB you already have, and Windows will actually only use about 3 or 3.5 GB of it - your computer hardware uses the remaining .5 to 1 GB.

But, if it is a 64-bit version of Windows, you would be able to increase RAM up to 16 GB or more. Most 64-bit computers run well with as little as 6 GB but 8 and 16 GB are more common.     

Having said that, though, you might first check for other computer problems that could be the cause, such as the health of your hard drive. A hard drive with bad sectors or on the verge of failing can exhibit hanging behavior. Hard Disk Sentinel is a utility program I use to check my hard drive health, and is free to use - just do an Internet search to find it.  

Also, you might check to see what other applications are running in the background, and turn them off if not needed when you do your email searches.  Hold down the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys on your keyboard to get into the Task Manager where you can see what is running.

I think it’s unlikely eM Client is the problem here, unless there is some sort of email limitation built into it.

mustangace i checkted my hdd bad sectors not found
 *i tryed from utility and windows check disk also

problem still same

So the hard drive is fine.  Searching a large database of emails could take some time and might tax your system more than others.  The combination of your i3 processor with only 4GB of RAM along with anything running in the background during searches might cause it to hang.  Searching a database of 70,000 emails is not a small task for such a setup.  

Most modern Intel based computers have an i5 or i7 processor with 8 to 16GB of RAM running a 64-bit version of Windows.  These systems would have a much easier time with such a large email database.  Of course, that’s no help in your case. 

For you the only things you could do to minimize hanging during a search would be to add more RAM, if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, or, get into the Task Manager before doing searches to turn off unneeded applications to free up RAM for eM Client to use while searching.