Google two factor authentication and java script error

I haven’t been able to use emClient for several weeks due to the java script error when authenticating my Google account using two factor authentication.

There are so many complaints about this issue now that you have to step up and fix it.

I am a paying customer, but if I can’t use this product I bought due to this error I want my money back!

Hans

Hi Hans,
if you experience problems as a PRO license user, please do contact PRO support at http://support.emclient.com/ so our support engineers can help you solve your problem.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience with this issue.

Best regards,
Olivia

I really wanted to try Em Client, but I’m running into this issue as well.

I’ve checked out some of the other posts about this (here, here, here, here) but none of the workarounds worked for me.

Hoping you guys can fix this soon.

I started playing with Windows 10 myself now and researching browser safety I stumbled across following statement: Edge will not support notoriously troublesome browser extensions like ActiveX and VB scripts.
Hence if the google script happens to hit Edge it will fail.

I was still using Windows 8.1 when the problem started. I upgraded til Windows 10 and the problem persisted.

Same to me with Windows 10. Running latest 6.0 Em Client version.

Is there a solution for PRO users? I want to become a pro user, but wanted to try it first, but if you tell me gmail with 2FA is working with the pro Version, I will immediately buy it.

Hello,
unfortunately this issue has recently reappeared in greater number and is happening even for PRO users at the moment, but we are working on the solution.
Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Olivia

same!

our decision to move 15 corporate persons to a Pro version is also linked with this Gmail services run failure .

It’s important to us because most of our internal services are set up at Gmail servers…

I tried to work something out with Pro Support, and I was offered to test the new version 7 of eM Client. I responded “Yes please”, but got no more response and now the support case is closed. So there will apparently be no testing.

I work for a software development company that decided early this year to move all our 7000 employees from a numerous MS Exchange servers to Google Mail and Google apps.

I am not a desicion maker, but I have been a tech support consultant for almost 25 years, and when I recommend a product people tend to listen to my recommandations.

I started by recommending eM Client to a few of my colleagues to try out, and I know a couple of them bought the program. They are now affected the same was as me and can not log into GMail.

I have now set up Mozilla Thunderbird with a handful of addons, and this seems to work just fine. The calendar support is a lot better in eM Client I have to admit… when you can log in that is. This is why I will recommend Mozilla Thunderbird to our 7000 employees.

To all the other eM Client users: I believe you’re wasting your time here…

Hans Hagen
Kristiansand, Norway

I am a pro user too with my main pc and I installed a free license in another one, more portable. From the moment I have set the Google two factor authentication I couldn’t get my mail too. A message appears saying that I have to enable java script, but it is enabled. 
I am with Windows 8.1, so I don’t think it is a problem of Windows 10. It is just a problem of the double authentication process. 
I am waiting for a solution, and please tell me when you find it, otherwise I will be forced to do what Hans did and leave the software.
Giorgio Papale
Italy

Hi Hans,
seems like there was a miscommunication, you were asked if you want to try the beta version, which is not finished yet, so you were added to the list and will/would be contacted when the version is available.

The new update to version 6 which includes the workaround for the gmail problem (caused by oAuth discontinuation of support for Internet Explorer) is almost ready.

Best regards,
Olivia

Hi Giorgio,
we figured out that the error is caused by Google’s discontinuation of oAuth support for Internet Explorer.
We have the workaround almost ready and will push it as an update soon.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Vasile,
we figured out that the error is caused by Google’s discontinuation of oAuth support for Internet Explorer.
We have the workaround almost ready and will push it as an update soon.

Regards,
Olivia

Great to hear as I just ran into this issues this morning.

Hi everyone,
the new update that fixes the Google OAuth issue is out.
Read about it in the newest announcement: https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/t…

Regards,
Olivia

Thx!
Everything works good with authentication.
Now testing Google services :wink: