Google Contacts

Like everyone else, we got suckered into EMClient because it worked with Google Contacts. Apparently EMClient no longer works with Google Contacts so we have to upgrade. I just want to make sure v9 will give us Google Contacts (until they lose that and we have to upgrade again). No, I am not happy with emclient.

Apparently EMClient no longer works with Google Contacts so we have to upgrade. I just want to make sure v9 will give us Google Contacts (until they lose that and we have to upgrade again). No, I am not happy with emclient.

This issue was only in V6 & V7 where eM Client updated this in V8 (8.2) to support the new Google People API as “Google changed their end”.

So as long as you have V8.2 or V9 there is no issues currently unless Google change again.

See @Gary post extract below from the below thread from “eM Client team” about the Google contacts changes back in June 2021.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/gmail-contacts-error/74273

Google Contacts won’t synchronize with older versions of eM Client

Dear user,

As of June 15th, 2021, Google will phase out the Google Contacts API and replace it with the People API, which is not supported by older versions of eM Client.

Since you’re still using an older version of eM Client which doesn’t support the new People API, you need to upgrade to eM Client’s version 8.2 in order to keep synchronizing your Google Contacts.

If you do not wish to upgrade, but you need your Google Contacts, you can work around this situation by copying the contacts to Local Folders and switch off the Google Contacts service.

Also, the Translator API v.2 featured in older versions of eM Client is no longer supported after May 24th, 2021. If you wish to use the instant translation of emails feature further, you need to upgrade your eM Client as well.

Simply download and install the latest version of eM Client.

NOTE: We recommend to create a backup of your eM Client database before you install the newest version.

Download

Yours sincerely,
eM Client team