Google Contacts Syncing Issue

Not sure when it started but all of my Google contacts are not syncing to eM Client. I have 127 contacts in Google but all of the different instances of eM Client I have on different PCs show different numbers. One shows 73, one 60, another 4. Not sure whats going on but it’s weird. It also seems if I make a change to a contact in Google Contacts the contact does re-sync down but I don’t think it’s permanent. 

I am having a problem where eclient calendar and contacts stopped sinking with my phone

I also have a problem syncing contacts.  For some reason not all contacts are syncing.  This is a major problem for me.  I recently sent an email to a large group of around 60 people.  Many of the group did not get the email and it caused havoc.  Is there a way to solve this problem?

I am having the same issue.  Google Contacts syncs with my phone, but some of the contacts are missing from eM Client.  This started after the last update.  If I go into Google Contacts on my PC and make a change to the contact, then when I refresh eM Client, the contact does show up. I have over 800 contacts. I can’t go into every one of them to make a change just so they will sync properly. Is there a fix for this?

There are multiple forms with this issue but no resolve.

Found this in another form. Seemed to have worked for me…
“In the Contacts tab of EmClient, I right clicked on my email address, went to properties and selected repair. This solved my problem.”

Thank you. I’ll try that.

That worked. Thank you!!!