google contacts password rejected

Em client keeps asking for my google contacts pw and doesn’t accept password which I know is correct

I am having the same problem

Hi Neil, what version of eM Client are you currently using?
Can you please go to Tools > Accounts > Your problematic account > Calendar and Contacts, and check if you’re using “identity credentials”?

Thank you,
Paul.

I am using version 6.0.21040.0. I am using ‘identity credentials’

Hi again Neil, are you using two step verification with your google accounts?
If not, can you please check if you have this option: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps , set to enabled.

Thank you,
Paul.

No, I am not using 2 step verification. I have checked that setting and it is enabled. NB this was all working fine until around 2 weeks ago.

Are you using any firewall/proxy/antivirus software on your computer?
Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced, and turn GData logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once you start being prompted for password again, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, I can’t seem to do that because of an error - see image attached

Hi again Neil, when does this error occur? It seems like your computer won’t let you setup the application to run automatically on startup… can you open the application manually?

Thank you,
Paul.

It seems that error was unrelated. to the problem re google contacts, so perhaps you could help me with that too. In the past the program was running on start up but recently this stopped workking. Re the google contacts problem, I have sent you the log as requested.

Hi Paul, any news on this? I sent you the log as requested

Hi Neil, I have submitted the data to the developers, but unfortunately I have not yet received more information regarding the issue, I’ve put a reminder on the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Paul.