Gmail won't send

I can’t send any emails from my gmail account - I see others have the same problem but there are no posted solutions?

Go to accounts and make sure you make your Gmail account is your default account

Yes, it is. Emails just stay in the outbox and don’t send.

Hi Danielle, what version of eM Client are you currently using? Are you seeing any errors from the application?

Thank you,
Paul.

I am using version 6. There are no updates available when I choose search for updates.

When I try to send an email I receive an error in the log [SMTP] An attempt to connect to [my email] has failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailabilty or incorrect settings.

However, I’ve triple checked my credentials and I know they’re correct, plus I am able to receive incoming email.

Hi again, can you please tell us the exact version number from Help > About, or update to the latest release http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20715/setup.msi ?
Check if the issue still persists, and if it is… when the error occurs please switch to the log/history tab in Operations window and copy the content of the log?

Thank you,
Paul.

I updated to the latest release and issue persists. Here’s the logs:

8:58:31 AM …@gmail.com [SMTP] Connecting: To …@gmail.com

8:58:31 AM …@gmail.com [SMTP] MailExceptions.SocketException: Connect failed with reason:

8:58:31 AM “An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 173.194.68.108:587”

8:58:31 AM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)

8:58:31 AM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

8:58:31 AM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hi again Danielle,
this error is caused by your firewall or antivirus software that’s blocking your connection to the server.

Thank you,
Paul.

I have the same issue. It happens when i am at work but not at home. i’m guessing I should only use Em when I am not at work because of the firewall. i’ve had that problem with other apps. Not ideal , but not the end of the world either, since Gmail is not my primary account. I still love the fact that I can move emails around folders and/or receive email. Thanks

Hi,
unfortunately we cannot do much if another app or security in your computer is blocking our program.
Thank you for the praise.

Regards,
Olivia

I have the same problem as luchob, but the other way round: I can send at work but not at home.
And I have seen that many other people seem to have the same problem, though they have not gone deep into trying to solve it.
And I had the same problem with Thunderbird: in fact I was quite happy with Thunderbird till this problem cropped up. I then moved to eM Client, that has some advantages [and some disadvantages], but does not solve THAT problem.
I am using 2 Gmail accounts.
I am using the same notebook at home as at work, so it is not my computer’s firewall or settings or something else on my notebook.
It is not even something to do with the WiFi at home, because I can send emails with the same WiFi either by typing the mails with Gmail on line, or using my Samsung G3 phone (where I have Gmail inbox).
The problem seems to come from the combination of eM Client [or Thunderbird] and my WiFi at home (either the router, or the internet provider, which is different than the one in the office).
This is confirmed by the fact that a friend of mine, who also has a gmail account, can receive AND SEND from my house using the same WiFi (same router and same internet provider), BUT HE USES OUTLOOK! (Instead of either eM Client or Thunderbird).
From some of the posting I have seen it may have to do with how the Internet provider sees eM Client [and Thunderbird]: he doesn’t consider them trustworthy, from the point of view of security. In which case, the problem is (mainly ) coming from eM Client [and Thunderbird]: you should do something with your certificate, or whatever.
With all these considerations, do you have any advice? I like eM Client and hate Outlook, but…
Thanks
Maurizio

it keeps asking me to logg into my google account and then it gives me an authentication code - what must i do with that code.  If i want to read my gmail msg i have to logg into gmail until this issue gets resolved - this is most annoying… I am using version 6.0.24928.0