Gmail with secondary login

Version 6.0.22313.0

Just updated and most of my six email accounts work fine. However, I have three gmail accounts. One is for the calendars, one is regular gmail account and one uses a secondary login from a university.

Before the update, eM Client seemed to simply use the conventional login (just like my iPhone). However, after the update, eM Client is invoking some kind of Gmail web page with limited script support. The secondary university login is now firing up. When I enter those credentials, I receive a Javascript is disabled error and I cannot move on as I can with the other two gmail accounts. Any ideas?

Ryan

Hi Ryan, can you please make sure JavaScript is enabled in your Internet Explorer installation as eM client is using some of the application’s components?
If JavaScript is enabled, can you please make a screenshot of the authentication process invoked by your university account? Gmail has disabled the support for the standard password authentication method and moved to OAuth, however some mail servers running on Google Apps or have a custom solution designed or based on Gmail some issues may occur if the second party provider doesn’t support OAuth.

Hi Paul.

Here’s a screen shot of the page which first shows up. This is the main university login.

After entering credentials, the following apears with a “Continue” button below the text: 
You are being redirected to https://www.google.com/a/mail.fhsu.edu/acs. Please click “Continue” to continue your login.

After clicking on the Continue button, I get the following:
You’ve reached this page because we have detected that Javascript is disabled in your browser. The page you attempted to load cannot display properly if scripts are disabled.
Please enable scripts and retry the operation or go back in your browser.

Strange thing is, I don’t have any Javascript limits on any of my browsers. I have figured the limitation is with a stripped down browser eM Client is using…

I understand this isn’t your fault, but maybe there’s a limitation somewhere…

Hello Ryan, are you trying to setup a new account or authenticate with an existing account?
I’m afraid this issue is caused by the unavailability of the OAuth feature on your mail server.

If you already have the account setup in eM Client, close this authentication option and navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your account and change the settings for your services to use “these credentials” and fill in your credentials into the authentication boxes below.
You can also try to re-setup the account using manual setup by going to Tools > Accounts > New account, but instead of using the automatic setup, select Mail > Other and proceed with the steps, this should allow you to setup the account with your server without the need to authenticate through OAuth.

Let me know if the issue persists.