GMail will not Send

Recently setup eM on my machine.  I can receive emails, it syncs good, calandar and chat work perfectly.  However, I am not able to send out any emails.

Log:
9:35:23 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]:35:38 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]/Spam
9:35:38 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
9:35:43 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]/Trash
9:35:44 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
9:35:55 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason: 
9:35:55 AM     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
9:35:55 AM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
9:35:55 AM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
9:35:55 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Brice,
can you please add eM Client to exceptions in your security software (antivirus, firewall)?
It could be blocking the outgoing messages.

Otherwise I might need to see the SMTP setting from the Menu>Tools>Accounts window.

Regards,
Olivia

I’m having the same problem - Gmails just sit in Outbox and don’t send; incoming messages have no problems, and folder operations seem to work. My log provides some different information (below). Would be grateful for some assistance. 
Thanks

11:24:01 AM [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder list11:24:01 AM [email protected] [Google Calendar]  Synchronizing folder list
11:24:01 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Uploading messages: Done
11:24:01 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall. —> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall
11:24:01 AM    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
11:24:01 AM    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)