Gmail issues, cannot connect????

Hi, i have used the em client for a couple of years and love it. Had to reinstall and reformat my pc. When setting up the em client, I can add my ISP’s email account but not gmail. When entering the gmail email account particular the EM system ask me to enter gmail password, I do that and also click on approve. Then the system cannot check gmail but takes me back to the enter gmail password again…http://s11.postimg.org/t75raf0lv/em_problems.jpg

Hello, can you please try to update your eM Client to this release, 6.0.22930.0 and check if the issue persists? If the issue with the 404 error persists after updating, please try to re-setup your account as well.

Thank you,

Hi, still the same problem. Even after recreating the account. What is the best way to remove em from the system and then reinstall it.

I have the same, or at least a similar, problem. Had to  reinstall after a system crash, and this time EmC won’t let the reinstall happen because it thinks I have cookies disabled. Against my better judgment, I enabled them to make EmC happy. But EMc still won’t install, saying I have cookies disabled. First of all, why should EMc care about my cookie situation in Gmail? And second, why does it say I have cookies in Gmail disabled when I have specifically enabled them to please EmC? – Fred Powledge

Hello, not quite sure what you’re referring to, if you’re experiencing any errors, can you please make a screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,

Are you still experiencing the 404 error? Or are you being constantly prompted for login? Have you managed to synchronise your folders/items with eM Client or are you unable to get past the account setup with your gmail account?

Are you using any security software on your computer? If so, please make sure no application is blocking the application to connect to the mail server? If the error reoccurs, please switch to the “Log” tab in Operations, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on the forum for more information.

Thank you,

I thought my explanation was pretty clear. EmailClient will not reintall because it says I have cookies disabled (in Gmail) when I do not have cookies disabled in Gmail. This never happened during my use of EmailClient before my system crash and attempted reinstallation. I can try to send you  screenshot, but don’t see why that is necessary. --Fred Powledge

Here is a screenshot.

Hello Fred, do you have cookies enabled in Internet Explorer, please note that eM Client is currently using Internet Explorer for it’s browser features, thus it’s important to allow access for external applications and enable cookies in IE even if you’re using a different browser for your daily use.

Hope this helps,

Hi, I managed to fix it. I have two email accounts enabled. My ISP provider email account worked fine but the gmail account was the one that was impossible to fix.

Solution, I disabled my ISP email account, then I setup the gmail account again, and then the gmail emails came flying down the imap pipline… Weird, yes, but it is working. Thanks for your support. Have a great weekend.

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,

The same happens to me. I already gave permits to eMClient, and it is still sending me gmail login screen and asking me for my password!! what can I do?? I really wanted to use and buy eMClient!!!

Hi Indira,
can I ask which version of eM Client are you running and if you have 2-stop verification active in gmail?

Best regards,
Olivia

I am experiencing a similar problem, please see screen shot. Please note the red triangle on my email.

I have version 7.2.3698.0 currently installed, I was not able to deactivated Google 2 step authentication. 

I have Google back now, and 2 step authorization is turned off for the moment, could I get some assistance with this problem?