gmail imap an attempt to connect failed

I am getting this error message every time eM Client do the synchronization:
[IMAP] An Attempt to connect to ACCOUNT failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?
[Open account settings] [Ignore]

But if I just hit Send and Receive button it all works fine.

This is the only problem I have with eM Client. Other than this, eM Client is perfect!

Anybody with solution for this annoying thing?

I’ve often the same issue.

Are you able to send and receive messages? If so, you can ignore the error mentioned above because it is caused by a temporary network connection unavailability in most of the cases.

Thanks for reply!
Yes I can ignore the error message but it’s really annoying. And I am not getting any error messages with another email client.

That’s bad design.

If emClient produces a lot of spurious errors or temporary ones that are quickly resolved, it’s log should reflect that. For example:

1. There was problem x;
  2. Problem x has been resolved.

And then there are the little red triangles with exclamation points by the account names that say “Click here to try again.” This is a multiple-times-a-day problem.

I use Thunderbird and no more problems whatsoever.

I noticed that these error messages come more often on computers with fast internet connections

most annoying is the fact, that you then cannot receive emails - even though there is a whole bunch of new ones in the inbox on the webmail account! so - this is no small thing to ignore, because when it happened to me i could not receive mails even by pressing the s&r button

Send us your logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “IMAP”. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

Im also having the same issue. Pulls folder structure and email headers, but fails pulling any messages.

hi - just saw your request now - after getting notification of david willi’s new posting. never got a message of your posting. will do.

Hi. Is there a solution to prevent the pop-up message from showing up, as this is really annoying. It happens for me about every 20min. Thanks!

Send us your IMAP logs - then I will be able to tell you more.

I solved the problem by setting the synchronize items to 2 minutes in the settings. It was every 15 min.

I guess EM client thinks it still has a connection with the Google servers, but it has not because the firewall already determined to connection to be frozen.

Yes, that is exactly the problem. I am glad you resolved it and that it works better.

Yes - sorted :slight_smile:

I was having the same issue and check my Syn in options. Mine was already at 2 minutes and I was still getting these error messages. So I switched to the other option: Sny at start-up. Time will tell it this fixes my problem.

I like Thunderbird but I was having an annoying font problem that I could not resolve: i.e. Sometimes I would be typing and notice a typo. If I stopped typing to go back and fix the typo upon returning to resume typing, the font type would change and be smaller. Most annoying. No problem with eM Client except the syn thingy.
BTW, I uninstalled Thunderbird a couple of times, reinstalled and got the same problem. The problem only started in the last year and I had been using Thunderbird for years with no problems.

I don’t have any kind of problems with Thunderbird. Not even with fonts. With Stationary add-on I can even type the message in source code if I want :slight_smile: