GMail - email is two times in all mail folder after archiving (but only temporarily)

After archiving an email the email is showed two times on the all mail folder but only until I restart eM Client and only inside the eM Client and not at the gmail webinterface (mail.google.com).

Hi, not sure if I completely understand the issue.
Can you please make a screenshot of the issue or specify the question…

Sorry about this, thank you,
Paul.

Okay.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

I hope this helps.

Hi, if you click on Send and receive after you read the email, is it still shown twice?

Thank you,
Paul.

No, thats not working. Even after I press send/receive the messages are still displayed twice.

Can you please try hiding the “all mail” inbox from the IMAP connection in your Gmail settings online, and check if it solves the issue.
The thing is Gmail tends to mark email with different labels which can be for example label starred, flagged and sometimes it can be labeled as an inbox message and as an unread message which would explain why the message is displayed twice, and since the All Mail folder isn’t synchronized all the time it will only fetch new data once you restart the application.

You should be able to hide that folder in the settings.

I hope this is helpful,
Paul.

But I hide the all mail folder how can I access my old email from within eM Client?

You don’t have to hide it forever, or even at all, but this is the issue with gmail and if you don’t want to see these duplicate emails, solution would be hiding the all mail folder and using all the other folders.
But of course if you need all mail, you’d probably have to manage to use it with the current settings.

We are looking into this, but it’s based within the label handling.

Thank you,
Paul.

I only use two folders for incoming emails: Inbox and All Mail. If I hide All Mail I dont have access to any of my email (except the very new ones)…

What version of eM client are you using? I tried replicating the behavior of your inbox and all mail folder but couldn’t see the issue.

You can find the exact version number in Help > About.

Thank you,
Paul.

The latest version.

Can you please send me the version number?

Thank you,
Paul.

I’m currently mobile so I cant check this but I installed em Client last weekend (29.03.) and downloaded from emclient.com.

You can try updating the application to this version if it helps (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.201…), otherwise unless you’re using any other labels in gmail this shouldn’t be happening.

Paul.

I updated but its still not working :frowning:

Hi, I’m really sorry about this late reply.
Are you still having issues with this?

Thank you,
Paul.

Yes, but it looks like the double messages disappear after 5-15 minutes so this is not more so important for me.

Hi, this really seems like an issue with labels, we’ll be looking into this further and hopefully make a fix for future releases. Thank you for your input on this.

If you have any other issues or questions, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.
Thank you,
Paul.

FYI: This is still unfixed :frowning:

Hi, this is unfortunately caused by the labeling feature on gmail, this is unfortunately not an issue of the application rather than the protocol. As Gmail when it assigns these labels to an incoming message, the message is duplicated and each of the message has it’s own UID, thus it is not possible for our application to consider this message as a single message with multiple labels, the protocol recognizes it as two separate messages.

We hope this will be improved with future releases as the support for labels grows each day.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.