GMail authentication requested at every login.

I am having an issue with being often asked to authenticate my gmail account. Every time I turn on my computer or restore it from sleep the window comes up asking for my password and to accept the terms. My default internet browser is Google Chrome, and I have already verified that I have the most updated version of eM Client. How can I fix this?

Hello Holly, we’re unfortunately aware of this issue on some installations of eM Client, but we’re not quite sure what is causing the behaviour. What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

If you’re able to replicate this issue, can you please enable IMAP and XMPP logging in the advanced application settings under Tools > Settings?

Save the settings and replicate the issue, once the error reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logging data to us using the “Send logs” button.

If you’re experiencing on waking the computer from sleep, also please install this utility, http://fiddler2.com/ and enable HTTPs decrypt in Tools > Fiddler Options > HTTPs. Replicate the issue when traffic capture on fiddler is enabled, awake your computer from sleep and if the issue reoccurs, submit the logging data along with the fiddler captured traffic logs to my work mail, mcgregor@emclient with a reference link to this forum topic.

To save the logging data from fiddler, navigate to File > Save > All Session to save a fiddler archive file in a specified folder.

Thank you,