gives up memory

When minimized to the task bar for 20 minutes or more, the eMClient 6.0.22344.0 window needs total repainting which takes time.  The reason is that while minimized to the task bar it goes into a sort of ‘sleep mode’ giving up most of its required ram.

How can I prevent this from happening as I like a quicker/snappier response time.

Thank you,John

I’m afraid the only thing you can do is disabling this option and use standard minimise option, that will minimise your application to the start bar.

Regards,

Disabling what option?  What is the standard minimize option?  All I’m doing to minimize is clicking on the minimize button in the top right corner of the window like I do with any application that I want to minimize.

By disabling the option in Tools > Settings > Minimise application to Tray, I believe you were referring to this option or not? Unfortunately note that it’s your computer who manages the tasks, thus if it runs out of memory and some applications are being inactive, cached data may be stored to swap memory and they need to be refreshed, this is unfortunately something we can’t workaround - more memory helps.

Regards,

I’ve tried with and without ‘Tools > Settings > Minimise application to Tray’ with no difference. BTW, it’s the task bar not the system tray that I am referring to, however the systray doesn’t offer any better.

As for “some applications are being inactive, cached data may be stored to swap memory and they need to be refreshed”

This only happens with emclient in the task bar, all other applications left in the in the task bar for extended periods of time hold there memory usage as indicated in the task manager and as a result there is no refreshing time needed.