Getting notification to work for junk mail

Currently I get no notification for junk mail whether I use system or emclient notification.
Any way to get it to work?

Thank you.

I posed this during Beta testing and received this response:

"This is a feature and not a bug. Why would you expect to get a notification sound for unwanted emails?

Best regards,

Juraj Micek
Technical Sales"

Excellent question, answer is I have a rule; all emails NOT in my address books go to junk. Many people over the course of time change their email addresses and are being moved to Junk. Until I include their new email in the rule this will continue to happen.

NOt sure why this response was posted here. Appears to be in response to another post??

If you have a Rule to move messages to Junk based on them not being in a list of contacts then a notification will be there. Just check that you have not disabled the notification option in your Rule.

But if the message are being moved to Junk folder by your server then the same applies as any messages in sub folders. eM Client only notifies for new messages in your Inbox - not in the sub folders.

Thanks for that, yes it was disabled…I’ll see how it goes.

Well an old adage, you learn something new every day, hits home… I never knew about that selection in the rules settings(thus I never turned it on)… I have now unchecked it in a few of my rules (all pointing to movement to the JUNK folder)… will watch and see how that works.

Thank you for the learning lesson :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, it appears that unclicking the “skip notification” does not allow notifications for those emails redirected to the Junk folder. Certainly sounded like that was a ‘cure’ :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the heads up!

I’m still trying to figure out how to eliminate the ‘Paste Options’ box, it keeps popping up after I paste…even though I have already selected the default option in settings.