Gettiing an "Application Error" message that prevents opening eM Client.

System.IO.IOException: database disk image is malformed —> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: database disk image is malformed
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteBlob.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, Int32 offset)
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.BlobStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   — End of inner exception stack trace —
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.BlobStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at MailClient.Streams.StreamHelper.CopyStream(Stream inputStream, Stream outputStream, Nullable`1 cancellationToken, ProgressReporter reporter)
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DatabaseCopyTool.CopyContents(Table table, Boolean sortDesc)
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DatabaseCopyTool.CopyTableData(Table table)
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DatabaseCopyTool.CopyInternal(String specificTable, Boolean copyIndexesViewsAndTriggers)
   at DbRepair.CorruptionChecker.CheckCorruption(RepairOptions repairOptions, CancellationToken token)
   at DbRepair.CheckingProcess.Check(CancellationToken token)
Data:
Table: LocalMailContents
databaseFile: ee96541a-f85d-4bb8-92b1-0a6993ee9c90\8b07e457-f9f1-479a-abbb-913b7da4896f\mail_data.dat

Hi Bill,

From what I see in the log, your database is most likely corrupted.
If you have a backup file available, the easiest way is to restore your data from it in Menu > File > Restore.

If not, you’ll have to start eM Client with a blank database.
Please note that you have to close eM Client before making any changes in the database location, proceeding without closed eM Client can cause the program crash.

In case you have all your data saved on servers, you can simply delete the database folder and start eM Client.
It will create empty database where you can set your accounts again. All your data will be pulled to eM Client automatically.
You can find eM Client database here: C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client
To locate AppData folder you need to view hidden folders in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

In case that you have an account set as POP3, you can restore your data from the old database backup.

Russel 

Hi Russel is the above related to us as I do not understand it

Angie 

Hello Angelina,

No, this information is meant for another user. Your licence was already unblocked and you can continue using it.

Russel

Thank you Russel.  I did what you recommended and I’m finally back up and running.  It’s taken awhile to get everything back the way I like it, but all’s well that ends well.  Much appreciated.

Thank you for your help Russel I have tried using emclient but nothing is happening I may need to get rid of this temporary e mail site but don’t know how to do it. I will ring my IT man to help me out

Thanks again Angie  

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the update, I’m glad that everything works now.

My wife’s emclient won’t open and gives showing this error: -
Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 10: ‘disk I/O error’.
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException.ThrowExceptionForRC(Int32 rc, sqlite3 db)
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.PrepareAndEnumerateStatements(Stopwatch timer)+MoveNext()
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.GetStatements(Stopwatch timer)+MoveNext()
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteDataReader.NextResult()
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader()
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at MailClient.Storage.Data.DataStore.GetConnectionInternal(String relativeName, Boolean privateConnection)
at MailClient.DbRepair.CorruptionChecker.CheckCorruption(RepairOptions repairOptions, CancellationToken token)
at MailClient.DbRepair.CheckingProcess.Check(CancellationToken token)
Data:
databaseFile: accounts.dat

Have you recently enabled Windows 10’s Controlled Folder Access options? If you have, please enable eM Client as an allowed app to resolve it.

Otherwise this could be because another security application has blocked access to the disk, or there is a disk error.

Some users have found that restarting Windows, or restarting eM Client a few times resolves the issue, but otherwise:

1. If you have a recent backup, you can delete the current eM Client database, then restore the backup and eM Client should start working again without any problems.

2. If you don’t have a backup, but all your data is synced with servers, then you can delete the database and start over. After adding your accounts, eM Client will resync with the server.

By default, the database is stored at C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to enable hidden items in Windows Explorer to get there. I suggest just renaming the eM Client folder, rather than deleting it, until everything is working again.