(GData) an attempt to connect to [email protected] failed

Hi,

Each time I open eM Client I get the following error, how do I fix this?

(GData) an attempt to connect to [email protected] failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings.

I have IMAP enabled on my Gmail account and use free Avast version 2014.9.0.2021.

Hi, can you make a screenshot of the error, what version of eM Client are you currently using?
If you ignore this error are you having issues with sending/receiving email?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I noticed that it now shows (XMPP) at the start of the message rather than (GData). I have version 6.0.20617.0 installed. I have checked the settings but didn’t find any obvious problem. There seems to be no problem sending or receiving email.

Thanks,
Sharon.

Are all your calendars synchronized as well? These errors may popup from time to time when slight connectivity issues are detected, This is caused by dropped connection between your client and the server, I believe the connection is immediately picked up again (reconnected), so if everything is working properly if you ignore this error, there’s nothing to worry about.
You can even hide these errors from showing in Tools > Settings > General > “Show window when an error occurs”.

Thank you,
Paul.

I don’t use the calendar in Gmail or eM Client but if I did how would I set it up to sync correctly?

Hi Sharon, the calendar should work as well, it would be worth a try to test it, since the calendar service is already setup with the account, just go to the calendar view and try to add an item to the calendar, you can then check the calendar in your browser if it synchronized.

Thank you,
Paul.