Frequent sync errors with imap-mail.outlook.com

Hello,

I’ve been using emClient since January 2013. You have improved this software immensely! I use it with 5 email accounts (yes I know they’ve been collected over time for one reason or another) anyway, 1 account frequently shows a yellow triangle. My Hotmail account (imap-mail.outlook.com). Clicking the triangle re-runs the process and it works. This isn’t a HUGE issue it is just an annoyance and I wonder if there is something I can do to help diagnose it?

I am using version: 8.2.1237 (b402cf3)

Hotmail [IMAP] MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Connection was closed
—> MailClient.Imap.Base.ByeException: Connection was closed
—> System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.RunCommandAsync(Command command, Func3 notificationCallback) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.RunCommandAsync(Command command, Func3 notificationCallback)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.ListFoldersAsync(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.ListFoldersAsync(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass14_1.b__0(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<.ctor>b__0(WorkerStatus ws, CancellationToken ct)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.FolderSynchronizerExtensions.SynchronizeSubfoldersAsync(IFolderSynchronizer synchronizer, Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.SynchronizeIntAsync(Boolean forced)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.EnqueueGetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, Action1 completed) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.IFolderSynchronizer.SynchronizeSubfolders(Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, Action1 completed)
at MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.FolderSynchronizerExtensions.SynchronizeSubfoldersAsync(IFolderSynchronizer synchronizer, Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntryUnsafe(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Suggest to maybe try the latest release via the eM Client ver history page. There has been alot of fixes since the version you have. Might help your issue. https://www.emclient.com/release-history

These are the settings below I use in eM Client for Hotmail / Live accounts. Only very rarely do i ever get any triangle errors on the Hotmail / Live account in EMC, but if i do, i just click “Refresh” at the top and then seems to be fine.

I personally don’t think its eM Client that’s the cause of the issue, and more so someone on the Outlook.com end that’s not always available when EMC checks. If you have the below settings the same, all you can try then is to remove and re-add the Hotmail acct to see if it fixes the issue.

Note:- If you do remove and re-add your Hotmail acct, make a backup first via “Menu / Backup”.

Thanks, I clicked check for updates but didn’t check myself (egg on face), I’ll update and take it for a spin to see how that goes as I have those settings. Thanks for your time in responding.