Frequent reloading of emails as I read them

I’m a long-time user and admirer of EM Client and I’m currently using Version 9.0.1708 (2cfb4a5).
Since my latest update, I’ve seen a big problem that I don’t recall noticing before. When I’m reading an email, every so often it seems to re-load or refresh itself. That means, typically, that as I’m scrolling and reading through a longer email, it will suddenly re-load and I find myself back at the beginning again. Very frustrating.
This often happens in the first 10 or 20 seconds of looking at an email and then, I think, a bit less frequently after that.
Does anyone know if there’s a setting I need to change, or some other way to avoid this problem?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling eMC?
If you would like to try that, let me know, and I will post instructions.

Thanks for the suggestion. Although I routinely update the software, I don’t believe I’ve done a complete un-install followed by re-installation.

I would appreciate any instructions you might have.

Do you recommend installing the latest version or is it better to go back to an earlier version?

I would go with the latest version using the link provided below.

If you are comfortable executing these steps, give this a try:

(1) Delete any installation files you have downloaded.
(2) Uninstall eM Client, making sure to NOT delete your database directory when asked. This will ensure your settings and data remain in place.
(3) If it exists, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client
(4) Download and install the latest version from here
(5) The latest version of eM Client should then start with all your data in place.

Well, I appreciate the help, Al. But the deletion and re-installation of eM Client did not fix the problem. It’s still quite annoying that when I’m scrolling down into a longer email, every few seconds, eM Client suddenly jumps me back to the top of the email.

I wonder if something in my operating system or my settings or my background programs is causing this. Have you ever run into this kind of thing before? I’m not sure when this problem first developed but I didn’t start noticing it until maybe a month ago… and now it’s an everyday hazard of using eM Client. I suppose I should install and try a different client; that might absolve eM Client of any blame.

Any other advice would be much appreciated.

I personally have never run into this type of problem before.
A long shot… Totally disable any antivirus, VPN software

Well, I certainly appreciate your efforts to help, Al. But I think we are still both baffled by this. I turned off all the antivirus protection and it didn’t help.
Then I tested eM Client along side another client. I set up my email account on the built-in Microsoft client in Windows 10 (I think it’s called Mail & Calendar.) That program did not exhibit the same problem that I see in eM Client.
I even opened the same lengthy email in both programs simultaneously, scrolled down a ways and watched both programs at the same time. On the Mail & Calendar program, the email was stable and never jumped back to the beginning. Meanwhile on eMClient it jumped back to the beginning after a few seconds. If I scrolled down a ways again, it would jump back to the beginning.
of the email

I even opened the same lengthy email in both programs simultaneously, scrolled down a ways and watched both programs at the same time. On the Mail & Calendar program, the email was stable and never jumped back to the beginning. Meanwhile on eMClient it jumped back to the beginning after a few seconds. If I scrolled down a ways again, it would jump back to the beginning.
of the email. Any other ideas for troubleshooting?