Frequent MailExceptions.ConnectionException thrown for IMAP account on Dovecot server

I repeatedly get MailExceptions.ConnectionException (connection terminated) logged, while retrieving mail from a Dovecot imap server.

I’ve checked the dovecot logs, nothing unusual there. Thunderbird is happy, as are Mac OS X & iOS mail clients. Pretty confident that the issue is confined to em client.

I like em client - a lot - but it doesn’t actually work for me right now. Any ideas?

Hi, could you make screenshot of this error and post it here?

Jan

Here’s the relevant snippet of the log:

6:54:25 PM [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Personal.Support 
6:54:25 PM [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done 
6:54:25 PM [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Personal.Financial 
6:54:25 PM [email protected] [IMAP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: 
6:54:25 PM (Connection terminated) 
6:54:25 PM at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.ThrowIfConnectionBroken(BasicResponse response) 
6:54:25 PM at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.FetchNewMessages(ConnectionContext context, String selectPath, UInt32 idLow, UInt32 idHigh, String idList, Boolean useUid, UInt32 messageCountEstimate) 
6:54:25 PM at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status) 
6:54:25 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

I will need your IMAP logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.
Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that use “send logs…” to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

Then you can turn logging off.

Jan

Hi John, finally got around to mailing the IMAP logs to you. Let me know if you need anything more. Thanks, - Paul

Hi, looking into your IMAP logs we see that this is a server error, so it really isn’t an issue of the application:

\* BYE Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2014-03-10 14:32:56]

Paul.