FREQUENT IMPOSSIBILITY TO LOG IN GMAIL

summary : gmail sync issue pop up that say bad config but config panel says good config

Details

EVERY FIVE MINUTES I got a pop up windows that says it could not log in into my gamil acount because of error in the configuration but when i go to preferences and check if everything is alright in the last tab i do get the green checkmark in ingoing outgoing config
so where does it come from?
please heelllp

Hi, at first please try to make your synchronization interval higher than 10 minutes, you can do it in tools - settings - general - general.

Then if it will not help tell me what protocol (IMAP/POP3) do you use? And are you able to send and receive emails or not at all?

Jan

Thanks so much for your help.
I love eM client. It is lean smooth and user firendly.
I am still experiencing this very annoying issue but i am convinced that if you elp me to configure correclty the connection, it will vanish quickly.
I have 2 accounts (gmail account). I use SSL on the port 993 and TLS on 56

the pop up that occurs every 5 minutes is this one
connecting to my account failed
[IMAP] an attempt to connect to my account failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings.

Log says:

12:44:26 PM [email protected] [IMAP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: No server response within 30 second timeout. —> System.IO.IOException: No server response within 30 second timeout.
12:44:26 PM at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(Func`1 getStream)
12:44:26 PM at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(String receiveHost, Int32 receivePort, Boolean explicitSsl)
12:44:26 PM at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
12:44:26 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
12:44:26 PM at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
12:44:26 PM at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect()
12:44:26 PM at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle)
12:44:26 PM at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.AppendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:44:26 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Also i noticed that there is a kind of permanent sync with all my folders.
eM perform an onging permanent sync with all my folder.
I fell that this solicitates too much google server and is unecessary.

Thanks for your help

IMAP will always permanently synchronize, it is designed like that and all servers are counting with it.

Can you tell me what internet connection do you use?

Standard cable 50 Mbps

Hi,
what version of eM Client are you using?

Paul.

I downloaded the latest version on February 4th, 2014. … I did not update since. …

Hello,

I get the same here, using gmail imap, set to 15 minutes the update interval, using V 6.0.19861.0 i get the same error.

Thanks.

It might help to use some ‘application specific login’ which you can setup in Google.

There are some posts here in this forum about that, or maybe you can find info about it on Google / Gmail.

Hi,
what Hans suggested might be the solution but you’d have to use the two step verification process on Google.
You can check if you’re using this feature here (http://www.google.com/landing/2step/), if you do have it activated you have to generate an application specific password for eM Client which you then use instead of your regular password.

Exactly as Hans suggested.

I hope this is understandable.
Paul.