Forever on "Synchronizing subfolders" and "Uploading Messages"...

In the past few days, when I launch eM, the Operations window comes up and two items remain “running” all day.  Attached is a screen shot of that window showing “Synchronizing subfolders” and “Uploading messages”.  The progress bars never advance and the spinning activity icon next to the mailbox name spins forever.  I can launch Outlook and check my email with no problem.  The worst part is, while this is going on, eM doesn’t get my new mail - I have to open Outlook to get the mail.  Any ideas?

Hello Steve, what version of eM client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Version 6.0.22344.0.  It’s an IMAP account but I don’t know what type server is in use.

Hello again Steve, I’m afraid we need to know the server solution vendor, are you running Google Apps, or what hosting are you using your mail service with if this is a private domain solution?

Can you please make a screenshot of your account settings from Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP?

If you’re having issues with the sync status, can you please download and run this utility http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe and submit the file created to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you.

I have been evaluating the software for a few weeks prior to a purchase.  It has been running fine until three days ago when it crashed during an email upload with a large file attachment (about 15MB).  I will try to get serer info from our IT folks.  It is a server run in house - not an outside service.  I do know it’s not an Exchange server - but that’s about it.  No Google Apps in use.  Attached is the screenshot you requested.  I have ran the utility and will email the result to you in a few moments.

OK - I seem to have fixed the problem.  The email with the large attachment that was uploading when eM crashed was listed in the SENT folder, even though the recipient never got it.  The first window screen shot I posted above showed that eM was hanging on syncing the SENT folder.  So I went into the SENT folder both in eM AND by logging into our email server via our direct web interface and deleted that message from the SENT box in both places.  When I restarted eM, I got the same stalled window dialogue EXCEPT the second line now read “trash” where the first screenshot above had said “sent”.  So I went into the TRASH box via eM and the web interface and deleted the large message from both those TRASH boxes.  Now when I restarted, the sync completed w/o any errors.  It looks like somehow that message was corrupted and eM kept trying to sycn it.  When I finally got rid of that message, the sync went fine.

Hello again Steve, thank you for following up with us, glad you were able to resolve the issue. Sorry I wasn’t aware of this error otherwise we could have resolved it rather quickly.

Make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.