Folder message count (even if read)

Is it possible to display the total message count for folders, even if messages are all read?

It would be useful, for example, in the categories folders (i’m using the beta but i think it would be applicable also to V7).
Maybe i tag some messages as “to be done”, and i want to see how many “to be done” messages are in the folder without selecting the folder itself.

Thanks!

The message total for a folder is in the title bar. You do have to click on that folder to see it though. In the following example there are 458 messages in the folder, 1 is unread.

Well yes, i see that the total count is visible in the title bar. But having many categorized folders it would be useful to get a glimpse to the total messages in each folder without selecting all of them sequentially, especially if those folders may change the count by acting on message tagging.
At a first glimpse, if i read all the messages, it looks like no folder contains message with some interest. But maybe the “to be evaded” folder contains something, and also the “see in more depth” folder and so on. I find myself continually switching between folders just to see if they contain something.

For example: why the “flagged” folder shows the message count? Is it an anomaly?

Yeah, I agree with that. It would be nice to show a folder count the same way as an unread count. :wink: