"flickering" buttons

Very often, in the right upper corner, where the “close” and “minimize” buttons etc. are, the program starts “flickering” in that area - the buttons “move” to and fro, or to the left and to the right - and you can do nothing until this penomenon is over … Sometimes I needed to close the whole program with the process manager. This is a very strange and annoying mistake … What to do?

The problem even starts when you only come with the mouse in that area … The whole line is flickering … and after that you only see the “close” button - the two others have vanished …

Hi, I’m unfortunately not completely sure what you’re referring to, can you maybe make a screenshot of the issue and submit it to us here on the forum? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Hi, I’m unfortunately not completely sure what you’re referring to, can you maybe make a screenshot of the issue and submit it to us here on the forum?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you,

It’s probably about the same thing that I myself am seeing.
This is what it looks like when moving the cursor over the buttons.

This is what happens when another program window is behind it. In the right pic this program is not maximized, On left the program is maximized (like eM Client itself).

This is with eM Client with a floating non-maximized window. From left to right:

• no buttons are visible, nothing behind it,
  • another program maximized behind it,
  • with the other program in the same size behind (minimize button showing),
  • with the other program in the same size behind (other buttons showing).

Please note that the mouse-cursor itself can’t be seen in the pics.
It makes no difference what program is behind eM Client.

Hello, what operating system are you running on your computer? Are you using Windows XP? Can you also please check what version of the .NET framework you’re using on your computer, check the list of installed programs under the Control Panel and make sure you have at least .NET 4 installed.

Are you using any advanced DPI settings on your computer, that may be affecting the application graphics and rendering?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you.

Operating system is XP. I have .NET 4

Font size is the (pre-defined) “Large” setting (120dpi).

The eM Client version is: 6.0.22344.0

Hello,

here is the “original writer” of this post … Thanks for all answers … After deinstalling some programs, the problem is better, but it is still there … I try to describe once more: When I move with the mouse over the “minimize button” - then “the whole line” starts “moving” down - up - down - up. There ist no other program window behind. What also moves is the Name “eM Client” in the middle and the program icon on the left side. But now this does not influence working with the program as before. I just register this “flickering movement” … I’m working with eM Client for Softmaker, 6.021372.0, and with Windows 7. 

Hello, thank you for following up with us, unfortunately eM Client for SoftMaker is not supported here. If you’re having issues with this release you should resolve the issue with SoftMaker support.

I’m currently not completely sure why this issue occurs, but it seems that the issue might be caused by an external element rather than an application issue as I’m unable to reproduce the problem , we’re however still  looking into this, hopefully resolving it in future updates.

Thank you.

This is not a SoftMaker issue. I don’t have SoftMaker or anything like it, but I have exactly the same annoyance as the OP. Using Win 7-64 Professional and latest eMclient. I had the same experience with a previous computer with Win 7-64 Home Premium, for which uninstall/ clean reinstall had no effect. Currenly have .NET 4.51209. Can’t verify the old one, since I let some of the smoke out of the CPU, and it won’t work without it.