Finally upgraded from v6.xxx to 7.234xxxx. What a shock!!!

A week ago I finally took the plunge after 8-10 yrs with v6 and earlier revs. I was spooked by all the v7 complaints and was planning to never convert, ever, so was astonished at how smoothly the transition went. I do not know what all the fuss was/is about.

The install and resync was fast and painless, no data loss, not a single glitch. Once I got my Apple 3rd party app password restored for carddav/caldav for iCloud, my iPhone and iPads were synced the same as before. The contacts and calendar opened fine and after 20 min or so was fully populated. The calendar took some time to fully sync with iCloud since I have over 10 yrs of calendars, contacts seemed instantaneous.

I was sure I’d read long ago that you had to export your old data and maybe do other stuff before converting. I did nothing but one or two clicks.

For reference, I’m using ATT/Yahoo email/internet  (@pacbell.net domain) with IMAP (~20 folders), about 1K emails in Inbox plus probably 80+ local folders. The local folders contain thousands of old emails.

One caveat perhaps: I am not an industrial grade/enterprise email user. Just a guy at home with two accounts on one PC; IMAP email, and a 2nd for carddav/caldav. You apparently can not combine this with IMAP in a single account, or at least I can’t seem to.  I’ve tried enabling a 3rd IMAP old account and it seems to work, and you can look at all the data but can not send/receive email with both enabled since the separate carddav/caldav account counts making 3 total. I have the free “2 accounts only” version. To put it differently, with the free version you can have many accounts sitting there but can only operate properly with two enabled (one will not send). If you want to use or look at a 3rd account you need to disable one of the original two. This is just an easy click the box thing.

(No, I do not work for nor know anyone associated with eMClient!)

An anecdote: when I started with eMC you could call tech support on the phone and talk to someone in American English who would patiently walk you through the configuration and set-up as if that’s all he had to do that day. Oh, the good 'ol days…

Hello Ejp,

Thank you for the “update review” and for your kind words :slight_smile:

Russel