Few folders empty after update to 8.2

Hello,

I installed the beta version 8.2 and now I see that a few folders are completly empty, a few only contain 1-2 emails and loads of others contain all emails.

I use gmail SMTP and have a big folder structure and loads and loads of emails there.

On my gmail account they are still available.

I am not sure if I had that on 8.1 as I am using em client only for a few days.

Anyone has an idea what might cause this issue?

For issues with the beta version, please send your questions and comments to [email protected].

Yes done that as well. But as I am not completly sure if the issue was there before I would like to know if anyone had the same in the past :slight_smile:

Hi,

I also use the beta version 8.2 and also have quite a large folder and subfolder structure for my emails.
So far I have absolutely no problems, all folders and all emails are there.
I think you have something else to do with it.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Did you upgrade von 8.1 or did you install 8.2 completly new and added the accounts after installing it?

Do you have more than one subfolder? So like subfolder of a subfolder of a subfolder? It seems these are the most affected.

The best way to test beta software is to do it both ways.

First, make a backup then install the latest beta over your existing application and see if there are any issues. I can tell you for free that there are.

Or, uninstall eM Client and delete your database directory. Then do a complete fresh install of the beta.

Hey Gary, Yes I know, but I was using em-client for a few days so no risk no fun :smiley:

And when I delete everything and do a fresh install, can I save my rules? I was busy creating rules the last 2 days :smiley:

You export selected items like Rules using Menu > File > Export > Export Settings to xml. Then just choose what you want to export.

This export is especially useful for testing, because you can export selected/all settings, then every time you start with a blank database, you can just import them again using Menu > File > Import > Settings.

ok cool thanks. I was just too lazy to look for it yet tbh :upside_down_face:

I will wait if support has another idea. If not I do a complete new install :slight_smile:

Hi, I switched from 8.1 to 8.2 as an update. Yes, I have a few folders with sub-folders, up to 4 sub-folders. Everything was taken over cleanly and works perfectly.
Did you update or uninstall version 8.1 first, then install version 8.2 and then import a backup?

I updated, and experienced a lot of issues.

Then I uninstalled, deleted my database, and started again with a fresh install of the beta. It worked just fine, and because all my data is synced with a server, all I did was add my email accounts. I did not import or restore anything.