Hi to the community and any emClient staff. First of all hats off to you on this project. Well done!
Coming from Outlook after over 20 years of use and deciding to abandon it for more cost-effective solutions, I find your email program excellent and an almost perfect replacement for Outlook with very minor ‘wants’. I’d like to pass these along to you and hope that you can either add them to future versions and/or let me know if I may have missed the feature location.
I just installed yesterday and used the free license. I will gladly pay the fee for a full license as the value is very apparent… and I need more than 2 accounts. At this point I think emClient is the winner for me and there is no need to test any more programs!
After spending a day with it, there were my notes for improvements:
- option to backup settings, toolbar customizations only so they can be restored to other computers without messages and quickly prep a new installation.
- drag and drop to create smart folders (shortcuts) like outlook. BTW LOVE LOVE LOVE the search folder feature. It really blew my mind!! but you really need the ability to drag/drop and create shortcuts vs programming a search.
- When making search folders, clicking INBOX should NOT select every folder in the account. Have the option to select/deselect all or provide more options to include subfolders or just the root of a folder tree as part of the selections.
- make the scrolling bar on the right side of the message list thicker and/or make shortcuts to ‘goto top / goto bottom’. It’s too thin and hard to grab quickly.
- create option to replicate outlook keyboard shortcuts instead of having to reprogram them.
- option to apply column layout to ‘all views’ (I like the total messages in conversation on the far left along with the attachment paper-clip but seems I need to set this for every view of every folder)
- put a divider line between the accounts list and/or give the option to change the font/colour of the account name. Right now there isn’t enough difference and it seems to blend in.
- If I’m in the inbox for a certain account and hit new message, the SENT FROM address should be for that account if it’s not the default one. This works fine when you are in the actual INBOX folder clicked on from the account itself but not within a Search Folder belonging to a non-default account. Hitting new message in that view will set the sent from to the default account which is not the expected behaviour.
- right click to create rules from the message list and/or have the option to add a toolbar button to do so when viewing the message in a separate window
- some sort of add-on (paid even) to allow native opening of PSTs of which I have LOTS. This would be an incredible add-on.
- on android, I use Nine for office365 email which is awesome. I’m noticing my draft edits in particular are not syncing properly (had no issue with outlook) and edits made on the phone are not syncing to emclient.
- the speed/immediacy of incoming emails seems slower than outlook. Syncing also seems slower and less immediate. Is this expected behaviour for office365 hosted accounts through emclient?