fails to sync sent items folders

I am wanting to migrate from Outlook to eM and trying to get thisto work before changing over. I have installed version 6.0.22344.0 of software and connected to my email account at SFR. however, although the account set up and the paramaters are OK i have problems syncing the sent items.

If i send an email from eM client, the outgoing email appears briefly in the Sent folder then disappears. It does not sync with my SFR account accessed via the internet.

If i send an email via my SFR account accessed on the internet, a copy is in the Sent folder there but does not sync to the Smart Sent folder on my eM client.

I have configured eM client and SFR internet to save copies of outging emails to Sent folder.

the emails are sent and received by the addressee.

my laptop is running Windows 7.

BKW

Hello Brian, are you using a POP or an IMAP account or possibly an AirSync/Exchange account hosted on Microsoft servers?

Can you please make a screenshot of your account settings in Tools > Accounts > your Account > SMTP (or the Mail tab in case of other account type).

Are you seeing any errors while trying to synchronize your items with the server?

Thank you.

Paul

on first question; using IMAP & POP (see screen shots) but not sure on type of server. it is hosted by SFR in France (i live here).

I see no errors on sync.

i used automatic setup and at one point it said the server was looking for my credentials and is it OK to send… I said yes for all and it set up OK. please note that, as this is a French email service, i set the language of eM software to french to ensure it mapped the folders correctly. this was done before i added the email account.

I have saved the screenshots for IMAP & POP from account for [email protected] to a Word document but there does not seem a way to attach to the thread. this is a dummy email account to check all was working before migrating.

BKW

Hello again Brian, can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable SMTP and IMAP logging for the problematic account?

Save the settings and replicate the issue while sending, if the issue occurs and you’re unable to receive the sent message nor it is synchronized with the server, please restart the application, go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logging data to us for more information about this issue using the “Send logs” button.

Please submit the logs to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you.