Failed connection to IMAP

Hello, there is a problem connecting to IMAP, can someone know how to solve it?

21:40:06 bei MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
21:40:06 bei MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
21:40:06 bei MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
21:40:06 bei MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionContext…ctor(ImapAccount account, Folder folder, Boolean forStore)
21:40:06 bei MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.AppendCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
21:40:06 bei MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
21:40:06 bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Have you tried after temporarily turning off your anti-virus and VPN apps?

Hello, yes, I use Avast antivirus software. I tried to disable it, but it don’t give results. I have also tried disabling the email protection feature and even tried uninstalling the antivirus program.

Have you double-checked your Mail Host settings?
Have you checked your Mail Host web site for any indications of system problems?
Have you contacted your Mail Host support folks?

Who is your Mail Host?

The mail host support team informed me that the IP-address was changed. I was also told that I need to clear the cache in my em client.
But I don’t know how to do it.

My mail host ist bplaced.net
The connection settings are correct.

Not the first time I have seen those instructions from host support people, recently. I have no idea how to clear cache in eM Client.

Suggestions:
(1) Do an eM Client backup (MENU > BACKUP)
Remove the account causing the problem and then ADD the account back.

If that does not work, try:
(2) Do the backup, Uninstall eM Client (DO NOT DELETE DATABASE) and re-install?

1. That does not work. I can remove an account, but I cannot add a new one. I’m getting a problem with IMAP connection.

2. I have already tried to reinstall the program. After restoring, the problem persists.

1. Restoring from a backup also brings no result.

2. I reset and set up my router and repeater today. No result either.

3. I installed the new version (I’m now using 7.2.40748.0).
    When setting up accounts, I am offered old options.
    So you can see that the data is being kept somewhere.

It looks like you have DNS issue. I have seen this sort of problems when the host changed IP address and DNS served old IP several days.
Do you know host’s new IP address?
Try to check what IP address PING returns
PING mail.xxxxx.com (substitute your host)
If returned IP is bad

1. try to flush DNS on computer
    command line: IPCONFIG /flushdns
    I guess this won’t help
  2. try to change (temporarily) DNS server (on router, or on computer/windows) You can try Google’s DNS 8.8.8.8.
    If it’ll help, then try original (ISP’s) DNS after a couple of days.

Privet Vladimir,

Do you know host’s new IP address?
-> yes, i know new IP address, the support tell me him.
(162.55.0.137 (for IPv4) and 2a01:4f8:252:1eb::2 (for IPv6) for both hostnames)

Try to check what IP address PING returns PING mail.xxxxx.com (substitute your host) If returned IP is bad
->I did the PING test and everything turned out negative.

try to flush DNS on computer command line: IPCONFIG /flushdns
I guess this won’t help
->Yes, that didn’t help.
dns-cache

try to change (temporarily) DNS server (on router, or on computer/windows) You can try Google’s DNS 8.8.8.8.
If it’ll help, then try original (ISP’s) DNS after a couple of days.
-> does not work too

As I can see now, it is not DNS issue.
Obviously BPLACED bans ping.

Have you seen theese links? It could help.

I’ve also seen that sort of thing happen with VPN’s enabled as @sunriseal mentioned or Firewalls blocking / interfering with mail ports, as well as with 3/4g hotspot data connections where they are eg; changing dynamic ip address’s too frequently.

1 Like

You should not have to use the IP address - rather use the server name. Then if the IP address of the server changes, you do not need to change your settings.

Also, make sure you have not disabled IPv4 in the network connection.

Finally, make absolutely certain, as a test, that you have completely disabled any anti-virus/firewall or VPN application.

2 Likes

Of course I saw the first link.
The second link is from me =)

The problem persists even if I disable firewall and Avast.

And VPN? Is one active?