facebook import not getting all email addresses

I was so glad to find the facebook import function - but out of nearly 200 contacts only a few email addresses are retrieved
If I use the facebook import in yahoo most of the email addresses are there (I assume some people don’t allow it)

any ideas?

Hi, yes I believe this might be caused by the fact that some people have all the information hidden and have secured profiles, it would be worth checking if some people who have this publicly viewed (or at least it’s displayed while you’re logged in) are missing after the import.

Thank you,
Paul.

I think you missed the point - if I use Yahoo most of the email addresses are there - but with em client misses nearly all of them

Hi again, I indeed kind off missed the point, I’ve checked and tried the import in yahoo mail as well, and you’re completely right, I’m missing all the emails for the imported contacts, did any of your imported contacts had the email address included at all?

I’ve already reported the issue to the developers and I’m currently waiting for a response, thank you for pointing this out to us,
Paul.

hi Paul

Yes a few - maybe 6 - email addresses were included - but in Yahoo there were about 150

also today I ran the deduplicator on my contacts - I could see loads of absolute duplicates but the deduplicator said “no duplicates found” - I can easily replicate this - another bug!!

Mick

Hi, did you run the deduplicator on the right folder? You have to select which folders will deduplicator search for duplicates through…

Thank you,
Paul.

Yes - I have a brain

Sorry, did not mean to offend you, can you please send me an example of the contact which the deduplicator not find?
Maybe exported into a .vcf file to my email [email protected]?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi again Mick,
I’ve been informed by the developers that the fact email addresses are not imported is actually not an issue, but it is a limitation of the facebook API that eM client is using. Facebook simply does not allow us to download the email addresses, but only match them with addresses that are already saved in eM Client (that’s why some of them have been imported).
I believe it’s also the same reason why the deduplicator doesn’t work since there’s no content to the contact.

Thank you for understanding and sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.

Thanks Paul

Would have saved me a lot of time if that information came up in the import screen - or was at least in the help file

• also strange how it works ok in Yahoo!!

Mick

Hi, thank you for the suggestion we’ll consider improving this in future releases.
Can’t speak for yahoo unfortunately, but maybe they’re using a different API, not sure.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.