facebook email crash

I’m using the latest and greatest version of eM Client 3.0. Everything has been working great except for when I get an email from Facebook. So far the emails causing the problems are those notices Facebook sends when someone comments, etc.

The moment the email is clicked on eM Client crashes. This is repeatable as it has happened on multiple computers I own with different version os the OS (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit & Windows XP 32-bit SP3). Please advise.

Hi,
can you please paste here the complete text of error you get when crash occurs ?

Faulting application name: MailClient.exe, version: 3.0.9716.0, time stamp: 0x4d8ccd96
Faulting module name: bwmsrcfltr.dll, version: 5.0.28.0, time stamp: 0x46eef3d6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00003fb6
Faulting process id: 0x1a44
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbf0849a04fa1b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Video Surveillance\Client\bwmsrcfltr.dll
Report Id: 117d5f27-5c78-11e0-a592-485b39c1df62

Hi,
this is not our application’s crash report thus it’s not our fault. Crash occurred because of Cisco Video Surveillance application.

I see that, however, I never told your application to integrate with that browser plug-in. Why is your application allowing or using that plugin for a facebook email? How can I prevent it from doing that?

Also, this makes me think about a potential security issue. Why couldn’t I craft an email that would access other applictions on the machine for eM Client customers (particularly browser plug-ins) and take advantage of security flaws?

I have this same problem, but I’m using the standard e-mail client that comes with Windows Vista. When I click on a facebook e-mail the whole e-mail program stops responding. It may be a facebook issue I think in response to the rash of video viruses going around on facebook right now.

I have the same problem. I am using eM Client 3.5.12280.0 and it seems that the problem hasn’t been solved since. I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium and as soon as I click on or move to a Facebok mail eM Client stops responding.