Exporting emails procedure should be improved asap

I keep all my emails in the the subfolder Archive folder of Local folders.
At the end of the day I want to export all of them in a folder created in my documents folder.
I follow the export procedure and everything is going fine for the first time.
If I do the same for the next 6 days, I end up having the emails duplicated 6 times ( the same emails are marked xxxxxx (1…2…3 and so on).
I really cannot understand how to get rid all the duplicates, triplicates etc. copies of emails without first to import them in a folder created in Local folders and then run deduplicator tool.
My suggestion is that the Local folder and subfolder Archive folder when exporting the emails to be time stamped i.e. Local xx-7-22 08:00:00 pm. In this way I will have unique emails and I will avoid the trouble of removing nyself the duplicates.
I believe that the procedure followed by EMClient when exporting emails for many users is very frustrating**. The target is the application to serve users’ needs and not the ones of developers.**
Hope that in the next update this problem to be fixed. Since I receive a lot of emails each day it’s very difficult and time consuming to do the job that EmClient should do.

When you export messages they are named with the subject and date. The folder name has nothing to do with the file name, as the messages are already exported to individual folders.

When you export your messages, a file will be created for each message. If there is already a file with that name in the destination folder, a version will be created with a different name. That is a standard Windows procedure.

If you don’t want duplicates, don’t export messages you have already exported. Or export your messages to a different folder each time. That way you will have a separate folder for each day. But in essence this is already handled by the automatic backup. You can set it up to backup each day, and each day it will create a new zip file contains the complete database for that day.

I agree that this is the standard method of windows and we cannot avoid it.
The solution for separate daily folders you suggest is correct but imagine what is going to happen at the end of the week when we have to do the final archive.
I still believe that developers can arrange so that a date-time stamped folder can be created as I proposed. This is a weak point of Em Client which causes us serious working time loss at the end of the week. My partner because of this proposes to stop using EmClient and go back to Thunderbird (having the import-export NG addon). It’s a pity that such an easy modification of the programm cannot be done
although I did propose it long time ago.

If you want to export your messages manually and don’t want duplicates, don’t export those you have already exported. Or, if you are going to export everything again today, first delete yesterday’s export.

But as I said, we have already provided a solution for this through the automatic backup. Its purpose is to take regular snapshots of the database, keeping them completely separate.

When be bought EmClient application back in 12/2020, the first thing we tried to backup the rmails was
the backup function and then the restore function. But we saw that the zipped file created by backup keeps the data for the whole settings in .dat format.
So no possibility for us to have the emails in .eml format. We also had read a lot of posts on the forum
about the incompatibility may arise between the various versions of Emclient handling the backed file.
This made us not to trust for this reason the application. We were afraid that the data collected over many years would be vanished in a moment. So, we stopped and back to Thunderbird.

The backup is a snapshot of the database. That means if you need to get your data back, you restore the last one you made. The automatic backup is designed to run unattended in the background and keep at least 1 snapshot of the database in case of emergencies. The only incompatibility with the backup is that you can’t restore it to an older version of eM Client. So if you made the backup in version 8, you can’t restore it to version 7. Other than that, the backup is fully compatible with newer versions, so you can restore a version 7 backup on a version 9 install for example.

We’ll follow the backup option for the whole next week, since we keep in Archive local folder all the emails of 2022. We’ll see how practical it may be.
Thanks for replying.
PS. By the way what is the maximum number of emails Archive folder can contain?

The only limit is the size of the disk where the database is stored. By default that is the C: drive.