Exchange prompts for password when identity credentials are selected

Hi Josh, the password required box is only shown when the offline address book option is unavailable on the server, this can be due to having the service disabled or by an incorrect setting of the service.
New version has resolved the option to disable the address book sync as the feature is not enabled on most Exchange servers. Previous releases didn’t had the option to disable the sync.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi, I have the same problem.
I have made this test with an Outlook client : Remove offline address book and regenerate them from the Outlook Client --> It work.
So this option is available on my server.
With the last version of EmClient it ask for the password.
Perhaps, there’s a special couple of the login or hash password to enter.
I’ve tried : login + password, login@domain + password, domain\login + password (Outlook 2007 SP3 and Exchange 2007 SP2).
Best Regards,
Seb.

Hi again, please note that eM Client is using a different protocol to synchronize your Exchange account with the server. Outlook is using ActiveSync to synchronize your items where as eM Client is using the Exchange Web Services protocol.

To check if you’re using a correct OAB address for synchronization, use the OAB address from the Offline Address Book settings in Tools > Accounts > Your Exchange account and use it in your browser, try to login using your credentials to check the availability of the service.

Thank you,
Paul

I’ve made the test. Enter the URL (https://exchange.domain.toto/oab/5f40fa13-f9b3-44fa-94e5-54fe61a5d6e7/), it ask for my login/password. I enter them and just after I have a message that said : Viewing the contents of the directory denied. The display of the content is not allowed for this virtual directory. So The service seem to available but perhaps misconfigured. Does I need to allow the browse of the Virtual directory in IIS ?

Hi, unfortunately this is exactly as I suggested, the synchronization of the Offline Address Book seems to be disabled on your mail server, please make sure to configure the account before re-activating the service in eM Client.

Thank you,
Paul

I think the service is available. I’ve enable the browse of the virtual directory and remade the same test before with the same URL. After the authentification I can see all file ine the directory (.lzx) and read the OAB.xml file. I’ve attach a screenshoot from the parameter off the server OAB Config and an account config.

Based on the screenshots it seems like you only have web access and active sync enabled for the account, eM Client can only synchronize your exchange account using Exchange Web Services or by using POP/IMAP and SMTP.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi, I have enable the Web Service (Oulook Anywhere ??). Here the screenshoot that the connection test from outlook client return. But With the URL from HTTP mode, it continue ask for password.

Does I need to have in the Exchange HTTP the Availability Service URL ?

Thank’s for your support.
Seb

Yes, here on this screenshot I can see your EWS server address as well as the OAB address, if these two services are enabled, you should be able to setup the account as Exchange with a working offline address book.

The above OAB URL should match the one setup in Tools > Accounts > Your Exchange Account > Offline Address Book, and the OOF URL should be setup under Mail, Calendar and Contacts.

Regards,
Paul

Yes this is what I have in the configuration. The first URL OOF is in the Mail, Calendar, … field and the last OAB URL is in the Offline Address Book field. But it continuous asking password.
I have delete the config and make a fresh … still same
Seb

Can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced, enable EWS logging for the problematic account,

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the error reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to us using the “Send logs” button. Please submit the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi,

log send by email

Thank’s,
Seb