Exchange Online M365 groups support added?

Does anybody know if EM Client has added support for group folders and calendars with Exchange Online / Microsoft 365? The most recent thing I can see on the forums is from 2015 which is pretty old (office 365 group calendar).

I’ve tried to add it in a couple times and can’t seem to get it to work, so if it isn’t supported I would love to see support for this added.

2 Likes

Very interested in this as well.

2 Likes

I would also be very much interested in that feature.

Thank you,
Uros

Depends on what you mean by group folders.

You can already right-click on the account folder (the one directly above the Inbox) and choose Delegation or Public Folders.

M365 / Exchange online has a couple distinct ways to create shared mailboxes/calendars. M365 groups are the newer version that also includes some features the others don’t.

So if you have a user you can share individual folders or the entire root and those can be mapped in EM Client for both the mailbox and calendar. There are also ‘shared mailboxes’ that someone can have permission given to and those can also be mapped in EM Client for both mailbox and calendar. Both of these things are very old features of Exchange and EM Client handles those. However M365 groups cannot currently be mapped in EM Client for either the mailbox or calendar. I don’t know if Microsoft is keeping those locked down from 3rd parties to try and force their products or if it just requires something different on the developer side.

Unfortunately that is not supported by the Exchange Web Services Protocol.

I believe is supported under the Graph API though, which we don’t use because in general it is not up to par with functionality supported through EWS.

Will the retirement of the EWS protocol in 2026 effect eM Client? https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/retirement-of-exchange-web-services-in-exchange-online/ba-p/3924440