exchange mailbox does not show up...

Can you please try downloading this version (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20224/setup.msi) and let me know if it by any chance solved the issue?

How did you setup the account? Did you use the automatic setup or the manual setup? And what version of Exchange are you using please?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I already tried installing that version as  found that in this thread; did not work.

I used automatic setup; but it failed and I had to manually enter the server name.

Not sure what version it is as it is anew job and I am working offsite.
I will try to find out the version from tech support.

Thanks for following up.

N.

Paul,

The account shows up under accounts, I believe it even logs in because if I don’t give it a valid password it starts asking me for a valid password. Once I give it a valid password it stops asking for a password. The Exchange account does not show up on the left under MAIL. Also none of the mail shows up even in the All Inboxes Smart Folder.

I have tried the version attached to this email and still the same behavior. As to the Exchange Version it is 8.3.83.0

And again, EMClient works fine from my home computer connecting to the exchange server via VPN.

Thanks Todd.

Hey Paul and Todd,

Just had a thought.  I am using my laptop on a wireless network, by any chance Todd is the machine you are having problems with on wireless and the one that works not on wireless?  Just a thought that that could be an issue.

Nicholas

No just the reverse my laptop works fine at home on my wireless network hitting my exchange server at work.

It is when I am at work on my work pc wired to the network that I can’t see my exchange mailbox in EM. 

Also at the office I can’t send mail from EM using my GMail account. Paul previously suggested to me that maybe it was a firewall issue and I would tend to agree with him. When I am at home on my laptop there are no corporate firewalls to deal with and everything works fine.

Todd.

Hi Nicholas, did you try the update I sent earlier… I’ve posted a version here earlier but that’s already considered for an old update… Please make sure you’re now running eM clinet version  6.0.20224

Todd, I suggest contacting your corporate administrator if possible, to open an exception for necessary ports etc. Let me know if it really might be the case…

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I checked and I am running 6.0.20154.0 because that was an earlier version that was posted that said it would fix the problem.

I will install the version you posted and let you know what happens.

N.

Hi Paul,

Ok I Installed 6.0.20224. and we are getting closer but no Cigar.

Now I can see the emails from the “exchange” account in the smart folder ALL Inboxes; but I want to manage these two accounts separately.

By chance EMClient asked if I wanted to add Holidays and I did so for the US.
Here is where I got a further clue to the problem.
It worked for the GMAIL account; but failed for the exchange account with the following error messages:

>> start error messages <<
An error occurred 11:0 4 AM

Creating or updating folder GCU Email/United States,” failed with an error: When making a request as an account that does not have a mailbox, you must specify the mailbox primary SMTP address for any distinguished folder Ids,

An error occurred 11:0 4 AM

Creating or updating folder ‘GCU Email/United States!’ failed with an error: When making a request as an account that does not have a mailbox, you must specify the mailbox primary SMTP address for any distinguished folder Ids. 
>> end error messages <<

So for some reason the exchange account “does not have a mailbox.”
That seems likely to be part of the problem.

Let me know if this helps isolate the problem.

Thanks

Nicholas

Yep sorry Paul, our corporate Admin has already responded with my request for help and he response is. We only support the Outlook client.

BTW whey would a firewall setting stop my exchange account from even showing up under the mail section of the navigation bar on the left. I would think that maybe mail would not be flowing if there was a firewall issue, but I would at least think that the account would show up there.

Todd.

Nicholas can you please send me an email to [email protected], please add a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you, Paul.

Todd, If the ports are blocked, eM Client can’t even establish the connection with the exchange account and open the connection. But both cases can happen when firewall is on…