Exchange account syncs too often

I have my Hotmail account syncing to the eM Client (v7.1.32088.0), which is configured as an Exchange account. I have noticed that, according to the ‘Last sync’ notification down in the bottom left corner of the client and its subsequent operation logs, syncs are taking place literally every 1 minute. 

I looked under the Settings menu to see if there was an option to control the sync interval but only found the _ Synchronize items every X minutes _ option. I did not suspect this was the issue because it was set at the default of 10, but I unchecked it just in case. To no avail, the sync is still happening every minute.

Additionally, the Operations window shows the following error: ‘[Exchange Web Services] An attempt to connect to (my email address) failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?’

As far as I can tell, the sync function is working because I can send and receive emails, the calendar updates nicely, tasks are aligned, and contacts are up-to-date. Any change that I might make from the web interface or mobile device sync up to eM Client and vice versa.

I suppose it is not that huge of a problem since everything seems to be working. I just don’t want to run the risk of having any type of locks placed on my account due to it being viewed as ‘suspicious’ because of the high frequency of access. 

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Help is greatly appreciated.