Every time I start email, I get a partially filled out email without a send to address. How do I get rid of this?

How do I get rid of an email that pops up each time I start email?

How are you starting eM Client?

I double click on the icon.

Gary Curtin, Do you have a suggestion for me regarding how to get rid of the email that shows upon every startup.  I would very much like to get rid of it.  I’ve tried sending it to myself by entering my email address.  I get the email, but the next time I start eM Client, it pops up again.  I don’t know of a way to delete it.  Thanks in advance.

Right-click on the icon you are using to start eM Client and choose Properties.

See if it is any different form this:

Maybe start it from your application menu, rather than the desktop icon and see if there is any difference.

It is different.  I have for headers:  General, Web Document, Security, Details, Previous Versions.  

url for Web Doc:  mailto:?subject=I think you’d be interested in this article: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files&body=Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o…

I’m going to delete the url and see what happens.

Deleted it and got a box saying The name “” specified in the Target URL box is not valid.  Make sure the name is correct.

My suggestion is delete the icon you are using to start eM Client, then uninstall the application. When asked if you want to delete the database, choose no. Install the application again and see what happens.

Thanks Gary.  I’ll try that and let you know the outcome.  Have to wait until Monday.

Gary, I decided to do the 2 deletions in single steps.  I deleted the icon that I had been double clicking to start eM Client.  Thenm I started it by clicking on the square windows icon, followed by clicking eM Client.  The pesky email did not show.  So for now I will keep the software and open dM Client by clicking on the square window icon, then eM Client.  Thank you for your help very much.